Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

The Blakes 7 sequel Project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smileydave

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: The Blakes 7 sequel Project Reply with quote

The Blake's 7 sequel project is amazing!!!! Whenever I watch "Blake" I know that it is not the end...the new scripts are great and I could see them being made into episodes.....every Blake's 7 fan should see them
Simon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone want to tell us about the Blakes7 Sequel project in a little more detail ? From what you're saying it sounds like people getting together to make up new scripts.
THE_LIBERATOR
Goatboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smileydave

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok peeps...it be here.... http://members.lycos.co.uk/B7SP/

It is really good
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avon believes you!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, a fan fiction project. There have been lots of examples of fan fiction set after the end of the fourth season, going under the general name PGP (for post Gauda Prime). I think you can even search for that categorisation in the Hermit library.
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried that sequel project a few times and found it lacking. It treads the same weary road that 99% of all PGPs follow - Servalan was behind the events of Blake and everyone survives. Plus a new Liberator and a few other contrivances that just made me switch off.

On top of that, I've never been a fan of script format fiction. I like lots of description and I like being in the character's heads.
inge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the reason I'm not over keen on these is that Blake's "son" is the "new Blake".
I can't imagine Avon following Nial Blake even out of guilt. I don't really like the script format to read, either.
And to have the Liberator rebuild itself.. well I just don't find it credible.
Why not just get a new ship?
CJ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read a bit of it. I don't mind scripts - I read plays for fun...but I don't really buy Niall Blake...I'd rather have no Blake than a resurrected one. And I agree with Janov that the Servalan ploy is a little weak - though of course its difficult to think of anyone else being clever enough to have set up the whole trap on Gauda Prime - that very fact allows for the introduction of a new and crafty character.
Still, the scripts are well-written - at least as far as I've read - so all power to them for having a go.
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the point of having a "son of" Blake when the clone is there? A resurected Liberator? That was the whole point ofTel's use of the space fluid - what the universe giveth, the universe taketh away.

Still, at least they're having a go and they're pround enough to stick it up on the Interweb, so that's gives them a plus point. If only they'd been a bit more imaginative...
inge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they did a good job overall, lets face it- how many of us would put our fics on the web for people to criticise?
I just don't think Avon would FOLLOW Nial Blake- the original Roj Blake had enough trouble getting Avon to do what he wanted.
I would prefer to read them in a different format but that's just me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: