Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode B6: Trial
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Episode B6: Trial Reply with quote

In My View Trial Is One of The Most Verbally Sound Episodes, There Are Some Very Powerful Lines & Dialouge In This One Building Up Good 3D Characters. There Is One Scene In Particular I Loved, & It Showed The True Colours of The Crew...

Would you maroon yourself on that planet?
Avon We don't know that he is marooned. He could have a ship waiting.
Oh, come on, Avon. You don't really believe that.

At This Point Cally Is Still With Blake 100% However Jenna Is In A 50/50 State Trying too Convince Herself More Then The Others.

I wish Gan was here.
Avon Oh, yes, of course. He would be able to work out exactly what was going on.
Maybe he would.
Why do you say that, Vila?
He was straightforward, wasn't always expecting to be cheated and double-crossed -- not like us. He trusted people -- he trusted Blake completely.
Much good it did him.
Avon Welcome back to reality, Jenna.

Vila Is Weak From Losing His Good Friend Gan & Jenna Is Afraid Blake's Quest Is A Non-Hope Story, They Are Both Weak, See Here As Avon Plants n Jenna's Mind Blake Is The Wrong Choice.

You think he is double-crossing us, Jenna?
I don't know. But you're right about one thing, I'm not like Gan. I don't trust unless I'm trusted in return.

Jenna & Vila Try too Comtemplate What Is Right.

Avon What do you think we should do then?

Avon Cleverly Knows This Is The Point They'll Most Likely Desert Blake.

Suggest something.
Avon Well now. I find the idea of being wealthy rather appealing.
Leave?
Avon I don't see much prospect of getting rich around here.
Well, it certainly looks as though Blake's left us, doesn't it?
Avon That is the only reasonable assumption that we can make.
So we've got to look out for ourselves now.
Avon Exactly.
Blake can't complain really.
Hardly, since he's not here.
No, I mean it's not as though we haven't done our share for freedom and all that.
Avon [Smiles] More than our share.
You two make me sick. Are we going to get out of here or aren't we?

This Is Where The 3 of Them Are Ready too Abandon Blake, Vila's Convinced Himself & Jenna Is Waiting For Avon too Tell Her too Leave So She Doesn't Have too Make The Desicion Herself. At This Point We Get A Reaction Shot of Cally Looking Not Happy & Extremely Worried. She Knows She Has too Act Fast...

Orac, do you know what Blake is doing?
:orac: Of course I do.
Then tell us.

Cally Get Excited As she Thinks Blake Has A Plan That Will Keep The Others Here.

:orac: Without the correct data recall code, that information is not available.
Data recall code, Avon?
Avon He's even put a secret classification code on what he's doing.
Yes, but why did he code it and how? Vila, if Gan was here, what would he have asked Orac?

Cally Is Despriate Now, She Is Without Hope Blake Has Something, At First I Think She Was Hoping too Win Vila Over First, For Time, Then Jenna, She Had No Idea What Happened Actually Did...

Something obvious: did Blake leave us any message? [The main viewscreen displays a recorded message from Blake.]

And We Know What Happens Next, Cally Single Handly Saved Blake From Being Run-Out On... Just Shows Where The Crews Loyality Stood, They Were Criminals At Heart, And Only Out For Number 1... Unlike Cally Who Was A Resistance Fighter & Out For The Cause.

There Are More Great Scenes, Avon & Blake On The Fight Desk Afterwards Was A Great Tension Scene.

[to Blake] Avon adapted the teleport with his usual skill -- probably ruined it. [exits]

Vila Is Saying Everything Is Back too Normal In His Mind...

You went to a lot of trouble. [Cally looks at him and then exits.]

Cally Is Thinking She Should Get More Credit As The Others Were Ready too Leave Blake, Blake Is Saying "So You're Ready too Join Me Avon"

Avon One of these days they are going to leave you. They were almost ready to do so this time.

Avon Is Replying "I'm Not With You & Now Your Crew Are A Little Shaky"

Yes, I thought they might be.

Blake Laughing Agreeing But The Bottom Line Is They're Still With Him & Not Avon.

Avon You handle them very skillfully.

Avon Jealous

Do I?

Blake Knowing Damn Well He Does

Avon But one more death will do it.

Avon Here Saying "One of These Days I Will Command The Liberator & Be The Richest Man In The Galaxy... And If I Have too Go Through You too Achieve That I Will"

Then you'd better be very careful. It would be ironic if it were yours. [Avon exits]

Blake Replying "Well You Better Make Sure You Kill Me Then, Cause I Might Just Kill You First"

There Is Other Great Dialouge, The Idea of Zil Is Fantastic, Par Is One of My Favourite Characters (See Hey I Loved That Character! Thread) & Travis II Gives IMO His Only Good Preformance.

We Also Get An Insight Into Servalan's Character, & How Well She Covers Her Tracks At Any Cost...

What Does Everyone Else Think?
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This episode is quite good, I wouldn't say I love it but I wouldn't say I hate either. You've made some good points and this is what seperates b7 and ST, because the crew keep talking about Gan, but in TNG after Yar's died there's no more talk about her but I don't mind this episode.
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Was Rather Hoping to Get Some Serious Thoughts On This, Espically The Diaglouge I Mentioned
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I'm sorry! The dialog is great and the episodes great. Sill's/green gymnast wasn't that good, the concet of the planet being able to eat everything on the planet is interesting.
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Just You Pic, From Everybody
SpaceCommanderTravis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Trial and think its one of the best episodes of the season. That was good dialogue and showed the crew were running out of patience with Blake and his departure or theirs wasnt too far away. Great performance by Travis II is this also and also his interaction with Par who was also a great character. I didnt like Zil much tho and thought that was crap to be honest, but I thought the planet eating people was a good idea. I just didnt like that costume or the character of Zil at all
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it as two episodes in one. All the stuff with Travis was excellent but Blake and Zil was a bit of a low to say the least.
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zill and the planet where just there to make a 45minit programme I think.
SpaceCommanderTravis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picard wrote:
Zill and the planet where just there to make a 45minit programme I think.

Agreed
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the sort of thing I'd do to.
Flipper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: Episode B6: Trial Reply with quote

>CarnÚll< wrote:
In My View Trial Is One of The Most Verbally Sound Episodes, There Are Some Very Powerful Lines & Dialouge In This One Building Up Good 3D Characters. There Is One Scene In Particular I Loved, & It Showed The True Colours of The Crew...

At This Point Cally Is Still With Blake 100% However Jenna Is In A 50/50 State Trying too Convince Herself More Then The Others.

I wish Gan was here.
Avon Oh, yes, of course. He would be able to work out exactly what was going on.
Maybe he would.
He was straightforward, wasn't always expecting to be cheated and double-crossed -- not like us. He trusted people -- he trusted Blake completely.
Much good it did him.

Vila Is Weak From Losing His Good Friend Gan & Jenna Is Afraid Blake's Quest Is A Non-Hope Story, They Are Both Weak, See Here As Avon Plants n Jenna's Mind Blake Is The Wrong Choice.

I don't know. But you're right about one thing, I'm not like Gan. I don't trust unless I'm trusted in return.

Suggest something.
Leave?
Avon Exactly.
No, I mean it's not as though we haven't done our share for freedom and all that.

This Is Where The 3 of Them Are Ready too Abandon Blake, Vila's Convinced Himself & Jenna Is Waiting For Avon too Tell Her too Leave So She Doesn't Have too Make The Desicion Herself. At This Point We Get A Reaction Shot of Cally Looking Not Happy & Extremely Worried. She Knows She Has too Act Fast...

Then tell us.

Cally Get Excited As she Thinks Blake Has A Plan That Will Keep The Others Here.

Data recall code, Avon?
Yes, but why did he code it and how? Vila, if Gan was here, what would he have asked Orac?

Cally Is Despriate Now, She Is Without Hope Blake Has Something, At First I Think She Was Hoping too Win Vila Over First, For Time, Then Jenna, She Had No Idea What Happened Actually Did...

Something obvious: did Blake leave us any message? [The main viewscreen displays a recorded message from Blake.]

And We Know What Happens Next, Cally Single Handly Saved Blake From Being Run-Out On... Just Shows Where The Crews Loyality Stood, They Were Criminals At Heart, And Only Out For Number 1... Unlike Cally Who Was A Resistance Fighter & Out For The Cause.

There Are More Great Scenes, Avon & Blake On The Fight Desk Afterwards Was A Great Tension Scene.

[to Blake] Avon adapted the teleport with his usual skill -- probably ruined it. [exits]

Cally Is Thinking She Should Get More Credit As The Others Were Ready too Leave Blake, Blake Is Saying "So You're Ready too Join Me Avon"

Avon One of these days they are going to leave you. They were almost ready to do so this time.

Blake Laughing Agreeing But The Bottom Line Is They're Still With Him & Not Avon.

Avon Jealous

Do I?

Avon Here Saying "One of These Days I Will Command The Liberator & Be The Richest Man In The Galaxy... And If I Have too Go Through You too Achieve That I Will"

Then you'd better be very careful. It would be ironic if it were yours. [Avon exits]

Blake Replying "Well You Better Make Sure You Kill Me Then, Cause I Might Just Kill You First"

There Is Other Great Dialouge, The Idea of Zil Is Fantastic, Par Is One of My Favourite Characters (See Hey I Loved That Character! Thread) & Travis II Gives IMO His Only Good Preformance.

We Also Get An Insight Into Servalan's Character, & How Well She Covers Her Tracks At Any Cost...

Just watched the episode last night. Agreed with just about all of that. I also listened to the commentary. The director wasn't too happy with how he shot the Blake/Zil scenes - which might be why a lot of people thought it was a waste. I loved how the ground would open up in a perfect zig-zag.
Davecabs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just watched Trial after putting it off for a while and thought it was pretty lame. I agree with Steve's previous comment about it being like two episodes stuck together. The Travis stuff is not bad, though it would have been so much better with Stephen Greif. It was such a long-winded way to turn him into an outlaw - rather than Servalan trying to have him killed and failing.

The Blake/Zil stuff was just awful. One of the weakest, contrived plotlines ever next to the Web. Roll on, Killer, now that was a good episode - if my memory serves me right...
BoxBrownie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: Episode B6: Trial Reply with quote

Flipper wrote:
>CarnÚll< wrote:

I wish Gan was here.
Maybe he would.
Much good it did him.

Suggest something.
Leave?
Avon Exactly.

Then tell us.

Data recall code, Avon?

Avon Jealous

Do I?

Just watched the episode last night. Agreed with just about all of that. I also listened to the commentary. The director wasn't too happy with how he shot the Blake/Zil scenes - which might be why a lot of people thought it was a waste. I loved how the ground would open up in a perfect zig-zag.

First of all, I think Carnell - you must be applauded on what a top job you did typing all this dialogue in, this would have exhausted me.. and second of all - I agree with all that was said and I think that the ground zig-zagging open and swallowing up the zil was a bit too poxy for my liking, but i liked the noise zil made along with the tongue bits...

Restore The Teleport!!!
hobgoblin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you make of Travis' lines to Servalan at the end? I am referring to "You aren't going to use me anymore. Move!" I thought he was going to take Servalan with him as a hostage on his ship yet we find that that does not happen. Is he only taking her up to the ship so he isn't gunned down in her headquarters or is he afraind the mutoids may be triggered by someone else iwth the codeword "Outlaw" first and either refuse to obey him or call him. Overall, one of the best episodes, especailly regarding Travis' accusation that he is the result of the system's training. Zil was an interesting idea but badly executed.
Avon's lines were mostly good though I find the line about becoming rich a little weak. Soemthing more subtle would have been better. I had the same problem with the line about "wealth is the only reality" in Space Fall. Avon certainly is no philosopher!
One final thing I simply must note is that as a male, I find Thania incredibly sexy!
thunda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never understood what Travis was on trial for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: