Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Sexual preferences
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 PG Fan Fiction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Sexual preferences Reply with quote

At Picard's suggestion, here we go. Who do you think are the most likely sexual pairings among the crew and why? Remember to keep this thread PG.
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Know There's Tons of Fanfics But I Just Can't See Blake & Avon Sexually Active, I Can't See Them Being Gay.

If Anyone Was Gay/Bi, It Would Have Been Gan As He Was Very Fenime In Sensitivity.

Blake- Jenna Preharps At The Beginning, It Was Clear As The Serious Went On They Weren't. Cally Also At The Very Beginning They Seemed to Have Chemisty.

Jenna- Blake As Stated Before, Vila Might Have Got Sympathy Sex When Jenna Needed too Turn too Someone Who Was Not Blake. Avon I Can't See, She Wouldn't Have Trusted Him too Stay On Her Back With Him On Top, He Might Have Choked Her. By The End It's Possible Cally & Jenna Might Have As They Seemed to Get Close Close, But This Could Have Just Been "Girl's Night In Etc"

Avon- No One For A Long Time I Think, Cally Near The End of Season 3, Maybe Soolin But I Doubt It.

Vila- Sympathy Sex With Jenna or Cally, Can't See Him Getting Much Else.

Cally- Blake Early On Prehaps, Jenna Later? I Think Maybe She & Avon Did At The End of eason 3, They Were Both Alone & Looked Together For Surport.

Gan- I Can't See Him Having Sex With Anyone.

Dayna- We Know Tarrant Once, But He Didn't Seem Interested In Her, She Probarly Tried Avon But Failed, Leaving Her In Love With A Old Man Justin.

Tarrant- Tarrant Had The Most Visable Action, Dayna, Servalan, Zeeona, Meaning Off Cam He Probarly Didn't Get Much

Soolin- Avon's The Only Candiate & I Can't See Her Liking Sex Ever Again After Dorian
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avon:Desperate but don't know how to do,(Thinks that a certain item is a screw diver!)

Blake:Avalon,Jenna and Cally.

Cally:Blake and Avon.

Jenna:No one!

Gan:It's a bit of a squeeze!

Solin:Avon.

Dayna:Maybe Justin.

Tarrent:Despart because he did none!
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>CarnÚll< wrote:
If Anyone Was Gay/Bi, It Would Have Been Gan As He Was Very Fenime In Sensitivity.

Even though some gay guys do act feminine, it is by no means universal. Most gay men I have met don't act feminine at all. It is a common mistake for people to equate male homosexuality with femininity. The opposite is also true in that some men who do act feminine are heterosexual.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
inge

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avon: Cally in s3 then Soolin in s4 Avon
Blake: Jenna if she could get his mind off the rebellion
Cally: Avon, maybe Vila if Avon wasn't in the mood
Dayna: Tarrant and perhaps Justin
Gan: ?
Jenna: Blake and perhaps Cally if Blake turned her down
Vila: Kerril
Tarrant: Dayna, Servalan, Zeona, (busy wasn't he?)
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Thought I'd Dig This Thread Out As strangelove91 Had Been Speaking About It...

I Like Your Ideas On Dayna/Tarrant But I Feel As If Was More of A Dayna Liked Tarrant Because He Was That Brave Adventurous Type of Guy Dayna Loved...

But Tarrant Didn't Really Like Dayna As Anything More Then A Friend (Just Check Out His Responses In Ultraworld When They Have to Sleep Together)
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt at times Tarrant regarded Dayna as an annoyance, but then again he thought the same about Vila.

inge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He probably thought Dayna was too young for him. Servalan on Virn and then Zeonna, in Warlord were interesting choices.

Why not Soolin?
Tarrant may have thought she was too dangerous to tangle with.

It was the writer's intention in "Games" to show some hint of romance between Avon and Soolin, but PD didn't like the idea.
dave

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blake & Jenna - the sitting in the tree scene in Duel is about as intimate as two characters get in the whole show. They had real chemistry together there. I always assumed the two of them took off together when they didn't appear in series 3 although I get the feeling from the last episode that if they did they didn't stick together long. Blake's obsession with the rebellion probably ruined his chances with her - I think she lost interest and went back to being a smuggler but he wanted to fight the good fight at all costs. I forget what Blake says about her in the last episode so going off memory.

Vila - Can only imagine Dayna doing it with him, and only if she was drunk. Simply because if Dayna slept with Justin she'll do anyone.

Dayna & Tarrant - the two flirts - probably ended up in bed together after drunken parties at Scorpio Base.

Avon & Cally - Maybe, but only if Cally persuaded him to have a drink or two to loosen up first. There was an obvious attraction there but would Avon let his guard down?

Gan - The only one who (that we know of) had a life partner before the story begins. I suspect he'd have remained faithful to the memory of his woman. Maybe if he'd have lived longer it would be different but we can only go with what we saw.

Soolin - Lusted after by every male on Scorpio Base, maybe Avon of Tarrant got the chance at a romp - but after Avon starts going mad no chance.
Gemma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started with the intent to write about the whole crew, but after churning out a huge amount of text on just three characters, I've decided to stop at Cally So, my ABC...

Avon:
Jenna - yes those who know my love of slash may boggle. I can quite easily see Avon and Jenna getting together, in an utterly un-romantic fashion. Both of them were drawn to Blake in some way, but I don't really believe either of them had an affair with him. Also, I'm sure they would have each rated the other as respectably attractive (less so than themselves, naturally) and at least someone they could go to bed with while vaguely keeping their standards up. They're so clearly incompatible, romantically speaking, that a one-night stand could reliably be assessed as string-free.
So yes, I think Jenna and Avon might have had it away a few times out of sheer frustration -- call it a lust/hate relationship

As for the possibility of Avon/Blake, well, I'll come to that in a moment. For what it's worth, I'd argue that Avon loved Blake (be that love brotherly or romantic – and we know that either is a serious matter for Avon) but that their relationship was fairly ambiguous. In a way it comes down to the interiors of the character's heads: if the pair of them were capable of sexual attraction to men (something it's impossible to judge from the series as shown) then very possibly. If not, then ... well, not. I'd like to say that Avon was too sensible to have hopped into bed with Blake, but considering the near-death experiences involving Anna and his brother's image, 'too sensible' clearly doesn't count for much. My own opinion on the matter is 'probably not ... but maybe.' More on this later

Blake
So, yes, probably nobody. Some would say Jenna, but I think Blake was sensible enough to keep their relationship strictly hands-off. Yes Jenna wanted him, but I don't believe the feeling was mutual -- at least not on the same level. Also, I can't help feeling that if Jenna bagged Blake in any serious way she'd flaunt their relationship, so I assume that either a) nothing went on, or b) there was some contact, but it was aborted quickly and quietly. I won't rule out a few nights of Blake/Jenna entirely (it wouldn't be out of character with Jenna's on-off attempts to escape Blake's orbit) but a few nights (regretted and apologised for) is as far as I will go.

Avon/Blake is, as I've said above, something I could go either way on – there was clearly a complex relationship there, but IMO there was nothing onscreen to entirely confirm or rule out a sexual component. Avon and Blake appeared to know one-another's minds, had an intellectual (if not an ideological) understanding, and engaged in fairly intimite verbal play. That play was also rather vicious at times, and I think it's fair to say that the emotional stakes were high. Blake's attachments to his crew were compromised by his political goals but, considering the effort he expended on his relationship with Avon, sexual contact can't be entirely ruled out.
If I were to bet on any sort of sexual encounter it would be somewhere between Horizon and Pressure Point. There's clearly been some kind of exchange between them, given the tense conclusion of the former and the lazy, intimate relationship we see in the latter (the infamous sofa scene.) The discussion of Liberator's fate plays very close to the boundaries of their shared fiction (Avon has no loyalty to Blake, only to profit) and Blake's closing line is arguably suggestive. However, if anything did occur after Horizon I'd suspect it was their only night of bliss. After that, things took a darker turn for everyone on Liberator, and any sexual/romantic relationship between Avon and Blake would have been tainted indeed.
Just to close on the whole Avon/Blake debate, I have to say that I don't think it's important in the long run. Speculating on Avon and Blake's sex life/ lack of same can be interesting, but Blake was quite capable of tying Avon's brain in knots without sexual effort.

Cally
Cally is another difficult one. I can see her sharing a friendly bunk with Gan, if either of them were that way inclined, but I view Cally as seeking mental intimacy over physical. As for later in the series, well, I don't entirely believe in Avon/Cally: I can imagine that Cally might have tried to initiate something in S3 -- more for Avon's benefit than anything -- but I imagine that Avon might have kept his distance sexually. It would have been the prudent thing to do, and Avon and Cally's relationship was low-intensity enough to allow for prudence. So, I wouldn't give a definite no, but if they did sleep together it would IMO be for reasons other than lust or romance.
As for the other side of things, I *do* see Cally and Avon as having a highly intimate but non-physical understanding. They knew one anothers moods and difficulties well, and could provide a much-needed jab of pragmatism when necessary. I believe they loved one another in their own ways, but that the mainly platonic nature of that love was the only reason it could exist.

Cally/Jenna? Perhaps, but any encounter would likely to be wholly sensual rather than romantic. Again, it's down to the sexual orientation of the characters (difficult to determine, as usual.) Jenna and Cally are physically intimate (moreso than Avon and Cally on many occasions) so if they were interested in females/aliens then something might well have developed. Jenna was clearly interested in Blake, however, so a Jenna/Cally relationship would probably be more mutual pleasure than serious romantic attachment.
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Personally My Favourite Sexual Preferances Are... Oh Hang On A Minute You Meant About The Blake's Characters Not Us
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Carnell<
Quote:
Well Personally My Favourite Sexual Preferances Are... Oh Hang On A Minute You Meant About The Blake's Characters Not Us

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>CarnÚll< wrote:

Quason

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was always under the impression that no one was interested in anyone else.They were too caught up with the Federation.Not counting Tarrant and Servalan on that god forsaken world of creeping sawdust!
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like girls ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 PG Fan Fiction All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: