Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode D3: Traitor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inge wrote:
Traitor is not as good as other S4 episodes, like Games, Orbit or Gold, but it provided the Pylene antidote, which is important later on in Warlord.
And Servalan is at her evil best here, with both Lytes and the professor.
However, killing everyone who knew her as Servalan is not really believable.

She proberly got people to kill those people and then killed those select few.
dave

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched this last night for the first time in many years and thought it a reasonable episode - certainly not as bad as some people make out. It may be flawed but its entertaining.

The Sleer thing is a bit stupid, but I was thinking the intention may have been to have Sleer kill the president, and perhaps even Leitz, but they don't actually show her - hence you're wondering "who is doing this" and then they reveal Servalan a few episodes later.

The storyline is still implausible but I can't help feeling it could have been used as a minor story arc. I get the feeling that it may have been the original intention, but probably due to contractual arrangements with the number of episodes JP had to do each season they probably didn't want to bunch her up later on.
RichardWho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardWho wrote:
I watched this ep again last night. At the very end the General says "I told you they were good fighters!". So is he really on the rebel side?

I watched this again last - and still wonder about the General.

I also wonder about the other officer with the eye patch: Is losing an eye a common occurrence in the Federation? Was he deliberately complacent when shelling the rebel they put the tracer, rather than attempting to get other confirmation that he'd reached the rebel base?

Leaving aside the obvious continuity howler of Tarrant's costume(s) I think this is a good episode. I think S4 started good but ran out of steam after "Assassin". From then on it was all downhill
white afro in space

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardWho wrote:
I watched this ep again last night. At the very end the General says "I told you they were good fighters!". So is he really on the rebel side?

Surely, the General is merely making an observation of the fighting expertise of the 'enemy'. Knowing how good they fight helps high command place proper resources against the rebels.
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traitor is one of those episodes where the various alliances and betrayals require a couple of viewings to fully get - bit like Gambit really, also written by Holmes.
briggsy1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the typical dense plotting of Robert Holmes' scripts..
white afro in space

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

briggsy1 wrote:

Dense plotting? Well Holmes wrote Killer, Gambit, Traitor and Orbit. I wouldn't exactly say they dense exactly. I'd go as far as saying those episodes were a bit thick
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

white afro in space wrote:
briggsy1 wrote:

Dense plotting? Well Holmes wrote Killer, Gambit, Traitor and Orbit. I wouldn't exactly say they dense exactly. I'd go as far as saying those episodes were a bit thick

Gambit is easily one of the best B7 episodes IMO. It's just so unlike anything else in B7, even the other other Holmes scripts. It's wierd and mad but strangely real. I believe it in a way that I just don't with a lot of other B7.Oh and it influenced a couple of scenes in my book
Killer is pretty brilliant and creepy as hell too. Orbit is a fairly strong script though I think Egrorian was miscast as he should have been more sinister and tragic. Traitor is a weak script - unfortunately Holmes could be rather inconsistent. Just compare the unmitigated tedium of The Space Pirates with the sheer brilliance The Caves of Androzani (or Power of Kroll with Talons of Weng Chiang, or...well, you get the idea). But arguably that's inevitable when your output is that prolific. Juliet Bravo fans probably experienced the same highs and lows.
Tim Squad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="RichardWho"]
RichardWho wrote:

Leaving aside the obvious continuity howler of Tarrant's costume(s) I think this is a good episode. I think S4 started good but ran out of steam after "Assassin". From then on it was all downhill

I was confused by this error. First we see a character being 'adapted' with the gun. He wears Avons clothes first and he looked like Avon a bit as well. Than we see Tarrant in this costume and Dayna changed her outfit too. Back on-board they reveal Servalan is still alive but I was more occupied with their costumes! ( and already knew about Servalan being resurrected) The story itself was set up to show the viewer that the Fed. was gathering strength again. Nice to see Nick Brimble as 'General'.
ZEN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, there were afew 're-used' costumes in this episode, even Jarvik's costume was used on an Helot - (and again in Gold as I recall). 's Powerplay costume is also seen on the ' adapted Helots" before they get slaughtered. Think Vinni's pre-match costume is worn by Dayna after that 'quick change'

nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning.

B7 Episodes watched since January 2017 = 96
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: