Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Blake's 7 Repeats
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr-Stabby

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Blake's 7 Repeats Reply with quote

How many times has Blake's 7 been repeated on Terrestrial TV and when?
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season three was repeated in 1981, with season four getting a repeat in 1983. BBC2 started a repeat run of season one a few years ago, but dropped it citing lack of viewers. However, constantly changing the time and day didn't help.
Mr-Stabby

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lack of viewers!? So are the beeb saying that repeats of crap like THE FRESH PRINCE OF BELL AIR, which has been repeated constantly for years now and THE GOOD LIFE get more viewers!?
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, regarding "B7" being repeated on terrestial tv - "Janov Seldon" is slightly, wrong about the dates of repeating.

"B7" has been the most requested repeat but, little has been done.

The "ORAC" episode was repeated to lead into S2. Then approximately 6 months after the series ended 8 episodes of S4 were repeated on saturday afternoons in, '82 on BBC2.

S1 got a full repeat in 2000 (on BBC 2 - as I recorded them on audio and have continuity annoucements on them) so thats, how I know the exact time they repeated them when they, broadcast the Sevenfold Crown
audio. Otherwise - no other "B7" repeats have been shown. He's right that we didn't get the other season repeated in 2000 because of poor ratings.

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
ORAC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poor ratings were due to the fact the BBC2 ran Series 1 on Saturday afternoons (somewhere around 2pm) without any advertising whatsoever.
RichardWho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and, the kept chop and changing the time!
ORAC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they did...typical of BBC2.

The WHO repeats a few years back didn't work either and were cut due to poor ratings.
Mr-Stabby

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thats the annoying thing about the BBC, they shift time-slots and put potentially winning programs in stupid timeslots.

Today i wrote to points of view because TOP GEAR, a show which is loved by all and been running since 1978 has been shifted in the schedule next week because of the football, which is fair enough, its on one hour later which isn't a problem, BUT for the next 3 weeks whilst the football is on, they've CANCELLED top gear. This disgusts me, how dare they cancel a program just because of the football, not EVERYONE wants to watch the goddamn football you know!! Its disgusting.

The BBC keep on cancelling good programs to put stupid things like snooker and football on, and it annoys me so thats why i've written to Points of View.
ORAC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree Mr Stabby, TOP GEAR is the only programme worth watching on a Sunday night.

What amazes me is that BBC2 NEVER show bloody football and if the match is THAT important put it on BBC1 and leave the BBC2 schedules alone for people that don't actually watch football.

How much do you wanna bet they'll have 2 different matches on both BBC1 and BBC2!!!

BRING BACK TOP GEAR!!!
Mr-Stabby

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could at least put Top Gear on BBC3 or something. The beeb have many channels they could stick Top Gear on, yet they just don't bother.

Not really the best way to treat one of your longest running shows, which has almost won a BAFTA isn't it!
ORAC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely!

Last night's show was great fun, it will be greatly missed.

As for all the channels BBC have, I agree, but put football on BBC3 and leave BBC2 alone!
RichardWho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree too. For half the day they dont broadcast anything on BBC3 or 4, so that's plenty of room, not only for Top Gear, but perhaps a few repeats of classic shows like Doctor Who and Blake's 7!
ORAC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardWho wrote:
I agree too. For half the day they dont broadcast anything on BBC3 or 4, so that's plenty of room, not only for Top Gear, but perhaps a few repeats of classic shows like Doctor Who and Blake's 7!

Yes, a complete waste of 2 channels really, the only half decent thing (apart from little Britain) that BBC3 had was Liquid News...and what did they do, the axed the damn thing!
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPORT the BBC is a major draw - so, they always shift everything else. Then, IF shows get poor ratings (regardless of being repeat ones or, not - gives them a valid reason to not show them and, say poor ratings is, why they aren't worth showing!!!)

Ironically, BBC2 for year's has been the major channel for showing any SF programmes - usually, in the 6 to 6.45pm slot (ST, QL etc) - so, it is always taken off for damn SPORT!!!

(SNOOKER, GOLF, WIMBLEDON - which, will be on this month) etc. Knowing, full well that any viewers watching anything else in, those time slots have to miss their normal shows. Not everyone likes SPORT, however, (I don't like any SPORT) but, not everyone has the BBC's digital channels either. Wonder why (they're worse than the main two that everyone gets).

By the way, since when does age count with regards to well-loved shows, in how they get treated it doesn't.

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know why UKGOLD arn't repeating B7 again anymore?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: