Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode C8: RUMOURS OF DEATH!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Servalans Hair

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdarwent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And 'Four Weddings and a Funeral'
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well now," - Here's "DAVID HAIG" before, "RUMOURS OF DEATH" from "DW" story - "THE LEISURE HIVE"

And, somewhat after, "RUMOURS OF DEATH" - minus his hair!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
jdarwent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MY GOD!
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was very good in Leisure Hive too. He's one of those actors who is not very famous but is always good in whatever you see him in. The Talking Head role was especially good because you spent the first 20 minutes not knowing that he had such a terrible secret.
Ron

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched it a second time and I think finding out the truth about Avon and Anna is one of the best B7 subplots. When Avon and Shrinker teleport back Avon is so obsessed with his planned revenge that I doubt he even pays Vila's serious warning over Shrinker any attention. After all Avon says about Anna in 'Countdown' the ending is tragic and he has no-one left he really cares about, except a deep-down respect of sorts for Blake.

It’s clear Anna’s brothers name doesn’t make sense in ‘Rumours Of Death’ unless perhaps he had to take that name as part of the Federations deception and it stuck.

Since watching ‘Rumours Of Death’ I’ve been thinking about Avon and ‘Anna’ relationship and I’d like to make a recap and make some comments (if you haven’t seen, don’t read!) :

Countdown
Avon hears that a Del Grant is arriving and it turns out to be the brother of the girl Avon loved, Anna Grant. They both believe she is dead. Del promised to kill him for letting her die. They put things aside to defuse an explosive device and in doing so Avon saves his life and he forgives him.
Rumours Of Death
A group of rebels is led by Sula. Avon has planned to find Shrinker who he’s certain murdered Anna. Even though Shrinker says it was a Bartholomew from Central Security Avon leaves him to die. Sula is recognised by Avon as Anna. Remembering what Shrinker said he realises she must have been Bartholomew. As Avon turns away she moves as if to shoot him. He shoots her and she dies. Avon takes off his teleport bracelet as he realises he has killed Anna.

‘Anna’s’ last words “It wasn’t all lies …” leave a lot to think about :

It’s clear that Anna and Avon loved each other once. She couldn’t tell him who she really was so all she could do was let him go.

She married the Federation-sympathetic Chesku but I don’t think they confided much. As Servalan says “Not even Chesku knew who Bartholemew was”. He wasn’t very important.

Either because Anna hated how Avon’s accomplices that she was responsible for collecting were killed, or because she still loved Avon, she became a rebel herself. When Avon recognises Anna I’m still trying to decide whether he knew she was now a rebel. She seems to still love him. I don’t think this was one of the ‘lies’. When she asks him if there is anyone else and he tells her “No, no, there’s no-one else” he seems, partly, to be saying it to himself as if he’s lost touch with reality. The sad thing about it all, it seems to me, is that although they may well still love one another Anna is living in fear of Avon taking revenge when she pulls the gun, while he reacts purely in self defence and would probably have forgiven her.

I think it’s amazing how one line “It wasn’t all lies …” can be made to give so much to think about.
pickle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a great episode - Chris Boucher's talents really shine here. i thought the leads and the actress who played Grant were excellent.
white afro in space

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickle wrote:
a great episode - Chris Boucher's talents really shine here. i thought the leads and the actress who played Grant were excellent.

Yes, it is a top episode. Watch out for Tarrant during the scene where Avon meets Sula in the cellar. He throws his hands off Sula and blends into the background. Hilarious!
Ron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched it again and enjoyed it.

Paul Darrow is a good actor. When they teleport he is the one that checks all around if he's safe. That's what you would do.
white afro in space

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that Rumours of death has been greatly appreciated

Sorry, couldn't resist
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad that Darrow's performance overshadows what may have been Pacey's best episode. I believe that in Rumours we see the real Del Tarrant, the team player who cares about the well being of his team mates, including Avon. The little things he does like telling Dayna and Cally to get after Avon when he rushes off, keeping Villa alert, calling Avon section leader, subtly taking control of the mission, not yelling at Vila for teleporting them up too soon, watching Avon's back, defines his character better than any other episode.
I love how he uses his Federation training and talks to Grenlee soldier to soldier to get results, "Yes, Major, you're dying, but that's what you're paid for." Nice touch on how he stays with the dying man until the end. I guess watching a Federation soldier die is different when they don't have those masks on, now he's a human being. Notice how Tarrant's body language with Avon, when they're questioning Grenlee and Servalan, show that he's only giving advice not trying to butt heads. While Avon has become emotion, Tarrant has become reason, their roles have reversed. I also think he's much more caring and respect with Avon and his lady (notice how he gives them space) then Avon will be to him in Warlord.
RichardWho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your view of Tarrant. One other Season 3 episode where he saves the day is Ultraworld, though of course Vila helps too!
white afro in space

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent observations, thunda. I'm tempted to watch the episode now.

Tarrant's 'stepping up' in this episode could be seen as his response to the recent loss of that great man, and leader of men, Ven Jarvik.
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, some great points there, Thunda
I'll have to watch the episode again with those in mind.

Interesting that Tarrant should choose to support Avon and not oppose him in a quest that's personal, irrational and perhaps an unnecessary risk? But then your role reversal comment makes me think maybe it's because those are values Tarrant can relate to?

white afro in space wrote:
Tarrant's 'stepping up' in this episode could be seen as his response to the recent loss of that great man, and leader of men, Ven Jarvik.

Uh oh... why do I suspect there is a thesis fermenting about how Jarvik is the pivotal character in B7?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: