Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode C8: RUMOURS OF DEATH!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaston_Iago

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Episode C8: RUMOURS OF DEATH!!! Reply with quote

For me, this has to be the best Avon-orientated episode for, showing us his background before, joining up with and, the other's.

However, seems his choice in women isn't too good, they always let him down. Still, he knows how to deal with them swiftly when, finding out their betrayal!

Last edited by Kaston_Iago on Wed May 26, 2004 3:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This story is great! One of the classic stories ever! Well I don't think many women liked Avon anyway and that's how Sula hooked Avon because he was desparate!
ORAC

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picard wrote:
This story is great! One of the classic stories ever! Well I don't think many women liked Avon anyway and that's how Sula hooked Avon because he was desparate!

Overall Avon had more female attention than any other members of the crew!!!
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORAC
Quote:
Overall Avon had more female attention than any other members of the crew!!!

"YES!" And, most of the females he came into contact with he killed. Including most of the one's he kissed (with the exception of and "DAYNA" surviving) - definitely, not good odds on surviving his charms, was it!!!

Although, this story gave us more of Avon's background - it didn't help him when he found out that the person he'd loved was not even, "real" and, that " ANNA GRANT" had cheated him all along the line.

So Avon's planned revenge or, hoped-for closure in this regard didn't really help him but, most certainly pushed him further within his cold-shell, as a result.

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
inge

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the best S3 episode.
The real twist being that after Avon went through hell to find Bartholemew, it turned out to be Anna.
I didn't see that coming first time I watched it.
Joolz

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avon was very attractive and knew it. He used sex as power - those kisses were a way of controlling or dominating women. (Perhaps reflective of the times when it was filmed, but also in character for Avon.) His memories of Anna Grant were maybe the only times we saw his true feelings for a woman. Though there were instances when he was surprisingly chivalrous toward a female.

Hmm... He didn't use his sexual presence the same way against men, and he could well have done.
Kaston_Iago

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joolz
Quote:
Avon was very attractive and knew it. He used sex as power - those kisses were a way of controlling or dominating women...

Maybe - but didn't work so much with a woman who was his equal, in that respect - like Servalan - who was using SEX in precisly the same way. Especially, at the end of this episode.

Joolz
Quote:
His memories of Anna Grant were maybe the only times we sw his true feelings for a woman...

Quite - unfortunately, he risked showing his true feelings to Anna Grant - WHO as, it turned out was someone WHO wasn't "even real but, Cental Intelligence Agent Bartolomew" and, that resulted in Avon's total betrayal. So, I don't blame him for no longer trusting anyone after that discovery - especially, members of the opposite Sex!
Joolz

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaston_Iago wrote:

Maybe - but didn't work so much with a woman who was his equal, in that respect - like Servalan - who was using SEX in precisly the same way. Especially, at the end of this episode.

That scene where he lifts her and presses her against the wall is quite something, isn't it! It'd sure shake me out of depression.

This was such an interesting episode in terms of Avon and Servalan's relationship. He saw her hit bottom, as it were, and then in a way she saw the same thing happen to him. It was a fascinating moment of vulnerability and understanding between the two of them. And both betrayed by Anna Grant in the mix!
Kaston_Iago

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joolz
Quote:
This was such an interesting episode in terms of Avon and Servalan's relationship.

It certainly was and, I think both were damaged emotionally and, both understood each other's pain, possibly as a result of this.

Certainly, seemed to be rather more friction between them, afterwards.
inge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And knowing that Avon knew how vulnerable Servalan had been, would make her more determined to get back at him, ie, the whole Terminal episode, etc.
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inge
Quote:
And knowing that Avon knew how vulnerable Servalan had been, would make her more determined to get back at him, ie, the whole Terminal episode, etc.

"CONFIRMED!"

"SERVALAN" may have tricked Avon and, finally got the "LIBERATOR" but, it didn't exactly do her much good. Avon had the last laugh in that regard!!!

Mind you, Avon escaped killing him by good timing and, sheer luck something that Avon never took much notice of.

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find this episode to be a bit over- rated , AVON`S niavety is astounding ! . Also Darrow `s acting in this is quite poor , one of his worst performances . AND just how did Avon find those caves of no escape ? . And that set up at the beginning with trapping Shrinker was a bit forced . No , I used to rate this quite highly , but now i`m not too sure of it ! .
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE
Quote:
AVON'S niavety is astounding !

NOT SO - this showed that Avon was vulnerable and, even he wasn't aware of it, till he was hurt at the end of the episode!!!

BLAKESCREWE
Quote:
Also Darrow's acting in this is quite poor , one of his wort performances !

"NOT FROM WHERE I WAS SITTING - IT WASN'T!!!"

BLAKESCREWE
Quote:
AND just how did Avon find those caves of no escape ?

Secret research using, "ORAC" ("NATURALLY!")

BLAKESCREWE
Quote:
And that set up at the beginning with trapping Shrinker was a bit forced...

That set the episode up and, showed that Avon could take punishment just, as much as he could on occasions dish it out.

SO - "RUMOURS" ranks as the best episode of the whole series, apart from - "BLAKE" - PERIOD!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
inge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the acting was great in this episode.
Some of the other scenes were worth noting:
The guards in the residence talking,
Hob and Sula arguing,
Vila's concern for Avon after he returns from interogation. etc.
Concrete

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed watching this episode originally and I am sure I shall enjoy watching it again.This makes Avon a more rounded character giving a reason for his bitter cynicism when he first meets Blake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: