Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode D12: Warlord
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh

While looking at the "Paul Darrow at the Sidgwick Room" transcript to find that Jackie Pearce anecdote, I found a bit in part 1 where Paul Darrow talks about "Warlord" -

Quote:
We've just completed one in fact which I don't think makes sense at all [15]. We looked wonderful, but if you can explain it to me, I'd be very grateful and I asked the director what it meant and, he's foreign, and he said (not that I've got anything against foreigners, believe me) and he turned round and said 'Forget it darling - I'll do it so fast that nobody will notice and anyway', he said 'You get to kill a girl, what more do you want?'

[15] Warlord, directed by Viktors Ritelis. The girl Avon gets to kill is Zeeona.

This link goes direct to that part of the transcript -
http://www.hermit.org/blakes7/whoswho/PaulD/Sidgwick1.html#r15

Location: Bowels of a disused space station with Hudson (shoot me now!)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futsie wrote:
Heh heh

While looking at the "Paul Darrow at the Sidgwick Room" transcript to find that Jackie Pearce anecdote, I found a bit in part 1 where Paul Darrow talks about "Warlord" -

Quote:
We've just completed one in fact which I don't think makes sense at all [15]. We looked wonderful, but if you can explain it to me, I'd be very grateful and I asked the director what it meant and, he's foreign, and he said (not that I've got anything against foreigners, believe me) and he turned round and said 'Forget it darling - I'll do it so fast that nobody will notice and anyway', he said 'You get to kill a girl, what more do you want?'

[15] Warlord, directed by Viktors Ritelis. The girl Avon gets to kill is Zeeona.

This link goes direct to that part of the transcript -
http://www.hermit.org/blakes7/whoswho/PaulD/Sidgwick1.html#r15
I have to admit, I cheered when he did

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But does he? (Kill the girl, that is.)

Surely all he does it make it clear that he dislikes her (no big deal; Avon dislikes most people, and ends up shooting those he DOES like) and insist she go and clear up the mess her father made. A difficult and dangerous job, but by no means a suicide mission. If she hadn't removed her glove her protective clothing would have kept her perfectly safe.

Anyway, why did she take her glove off? Was it genuine absent-mindedness, or did the time alone give her a chance to reflect on the prospect of a life spent with Del-boy Tarrant?
white afro in space

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucifer Sam wrote:
But does he? (Kill the girl, that is.) Anyway, why did she take her glove off? Was it genuine absent-mindedness, or did the time alone give her a chance to reflect on the prospect of a life spent with Del-boy Tarrant?

To pick up the bacon and egg MacGuffin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacGuffin
thunda

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say what you will about Tarrant, but aside from Blake, no other B7 crew would rush towards a bomb. Not sure how he survived that.

Also, Dayna was able to hold up the best under those circumstances, perhaps because she was raised in an enclosed habitat?
boroboy

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Zukan was a complicated fellow. He did seem genuinely concerned that "good" Betafarlians had to die. But not enough empathy/compassion to stop him from murdering them!!!

As for Zeona... I think it is pretty clear (at least Avon thinks so) that she kills herself out of honour - she says "I want it to be me - it has to be me". To atone for her fathers sins if you will. I bit daft - but that is the sort of society she came from.

And I agree with other comments here that the first few minutes are so massively unsubtle as to make it too unbelievable. Why would the federation allow troopers to kill workers for no good reason. This is a federation post war that needs all the people it can get and all our previous knowledge of the federation says that they can be ruthless with anyone who challenges their power - but random violence NEVER. The federation is all about ORDER.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: