Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode D12: Warlord
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solstice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaz wrote:
I can't remember which episode it was, but Paul said that they had to run through a field with explosives, David Jackson said he would catch Paul, which he did. Both Paul and Gareth said that it could have gone wrong very easily, as they only needed to run too fast or trip and they could have been hurt badly.

I may be wrong but think that was Gan's last episode
Anyone else?
inge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it Pressure point?
Solstice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inge wrote:
Was it Pressure point?

I think so.
My house is half art workshop half living quarters
at the moment so B7 stuff is packed away upstairs
in my bedroom.
inge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hubby and I finished doing my study in the holidays.
Now all my stuff is in the one place.
Before that it was on the dining table, coffee table, the desk etc.
Solstice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inge wrote:
Hubby and I finished doing my study in the holidays.
Now all my stuff is in the one place.
Before that it was on the dining table, coffee table, the desk etc.

Inge you should have taken before and after photos
Think I will; might motivate me to work harder
hobgoblin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Keating mentions in the DVD voice-overs he had an eye injury from the explosion on the gate in Seek-Locate-Destory. He has had to wear glasses ever since.
thunda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange episode,or least the ending.It's like they all blame Zeeona for what her father did and are practically telling her to fall on her sword.It appears as if Avon knew what she was planning and I think Soolin also.Vila seems indifferent,and...well..idiotic.Throughout the entire episode actually.It didn't look like Dayna knew,and she was the only one besides Tarrant that showed a hint of remorse.And Avon looked almost happy.Was that his way of paying Tarrant back for everything or was he losing it?
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunda wrote:
Strange episode,or least the ending.It's like they all blame Zeeona for what her father did and are practically telling her to fall on her sword.It appears as if Avon knew what she was planning and I think Soolin also.Vila seems indifferent,and...well..idiotic.Throughout the entire episode actually.It didn't look like Dayna knew,and she was the only one besides Tarrant that showed a hint of remorse.And Avon looked almost happy.Was that his way of paying Tarrant back for everything or was he losing it?

Have you noticed that Avon seems to have a slightly higher opinion of Tarrant in Blake? Maybe he saw some parallel between Zeonna's death and Anna Grant's. I think by that stage Avon was obsessed with death and probably saw losing the one you most care about as a badge of honour. I think that there were was more than just the quest for a figurehead that drove him to find Blake.
thunda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cockroach Boy wrote:
thunda wrote:

Have you noticed that Avon seems to have a slightly higher opinion of Tarrant in Blake? Maybe he saw some parallel between Zeonna's death and Anna Grant's. I think by that stage Avon was obsessed with death and probably saw losing the one you most care about as a badge of honour. I think that there were was more than just the quest for a figurehead that drove him to find Blake.

I did notice that in Blake they both seem more respectful of each other,and I suppose it could have been due to some sort of bonding because of losing a loved one.That still doesn't explain why Avon and the crew practically tell Zeeona to kill herself.Avon and Dayna both lost someone close,you would think they would be sympathetic.
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunda wrote:
Cockroach Boy wrote:
thunda wrote:

I did notice that in Blake they both seem more respectful of each other,and I suppose it could have been due to some sort of bonding because of losing a loved one.That still doesn't explain why Avon and the crew practically tell Zeeona to kill herself.Avon and Dayna both lost someone close,you would think they would be sympathetic.

Perhaps they were scared of an 'outsider' coming into the group?
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vila is much more sullen and agressive than usual in this episode. He looks like he's going to hit Zeonna which is unchracteristic and he seems ready to give up and die rather than leap on any chance for escape.

Maybe this is a result of his experience with Avon in Orbit? Vila as a man who likes to be lead - he clearly liked the sense of direction Blake gave him and seemed uncomfortable with the status of hero that Norl's people would have given him in City. When Avon talks about Blake's followers having a gift for being lead, he is fairly accurately summing up aspects of Vila's personality.

In Orbit, the man who is leader proves himself quite capable of killing him. Vila learns that a man who has a lot of power over him is totally indifferent to whether he lives or not. As viewers, we could probably have guessed this before 'Orbit' but for Vila this is the moment it bring it home. He has tended to get through sitautions with a mixture of humour and fast talking but in the wake of Avon's behaviour he has lost faith even in these to save him.

It's quite noticible that Vila seems to anticipate their deaths before the rest. Avon's paranoid self obsession and Tarrant's romantacism blind them to the reality of their situation. However, as early as Sand Vila is reflecting on his mortality and of course it is he who in 'Blake' says that one day will go do down into an underground hole amnd never come back. By the end of series 4, Avon is insane and Tarrant and Dayna have had their 'heart's broken' for want of a better phrase. Vila on the other hand, is losing his humour and his gift of the gab - and perhaps that more than anything tells us how desperate their situation is becoming.
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vila`s still wary of Avon - not surprising is it ?
inge

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cockroach Boy said:
Quote:

Avon was very reluctant to leave Tarrant behind on the crashing Scorpio, and when he saw him on Blake's base he was sincere when he told Tarrant that he was glad he made it.
Avon believes Tarrant when he tells him that Blake has sold them all out.
Mistakenly as it turns out, but the Blake in the tracking gallery is so different than what Avon was expecting, which may have partly caused his lapse in judgement.

Soolin has uncharacteristic lapses in judgement also, both in the miners hut in the forest and on the base.
She would normally have been the first to start firing at the first sign of trouble and was too easily shot by the Federation guards.
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inge wrote:
Cockroach Boy said:
Quote:

Avon was very reluctant to leave Tarrant behind on the crashing Scorpio, and when he saw him on Blake's base he was sincere when he told Tarrant that he was glad he made it.
Avon believes Tarrant when he tells him that Blake has sold them all out.
Mistakenly as it turns out, but the Blake in the tracking gallery is so different than what Avon was expecting, which may have partly caused his lapse in judgement.

Soolin has uncharacteristic lapses in judgement also, both in the miners hut in the forest and on the base.
She would normally have been the first to start firing at the first sign of trouble and was too easily shot by the Federation guards.

I think Soolin was fazed by being back on Gauda Prime and the memories probably clouded her thinking.
inge

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're probably right, CB.
Even though Soolin looked tough, inside she had a vulnerable side, especially when it came to her family.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: