Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode D13: BLAKE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think this episode was probably better without Servalan. Working out the basis that because no 5th season eventuated and that what you saw was "the end" then I feel in the spirit of Blakes 7 its appropriate that no one won.

Then again it would've been interesting to see Servalan in trouble due to Blakes meddling and perhaps she was could also have been part of the shoot out.
pylene711

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Blake's response doesn't help - 'I set all this up!' Remember that by this stage Avon had been betrayed by Anna Grant and recently by Zukon. quote]

very much so yeah....I just finished watching it for the [add 4 digit number here ] time, and of ALL the things Blake could have said to an old friend he trusted......I mean, a simple....'look Avon it's me, I'm setting up a new full on rebellion, I'm sorry about all the mind games, it's good to see you'.... would have worked wonders....Something I noticed in today's viewing is the way Tarrant holds Dayna and gently lowers her to the floor as she is shot.....Its the little things that keep me coming back to this ep. I love the little verbal sparring between slave and ORAC, also, the almost off camera comforting from Dayna as Soolin discusses what happened to her family on G.P. Vila gets his bit of 'post punch to the head' comfort, massage and play sarcasm....I think as well as the usual Avonesque self interest, this story shows a lot of solidarity and closeness within the group...
In a sense then, perhaps you COULD say that Avon and company won...In the end they had something that the federation could NEVER have
Anthony Appleyard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This final shootdown makes a symmetry in the shole story. I rememer that the Season A episode 1 began with Federation troopers shooting down everybody taking part in an illegal meeting in a backstreet; seeing it made Roj Blake's suppresed memories come back. And the last episode of the last season ended with another bulk efficient shootdown by Federation troopers.

(I once found a text novel that continued the story: in it, only Avon survived, but before the end Servalan and the Federation were overthrown.)
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Appleyard wrote:
This final shootdown makes a symmetry in the shole story. I rememer that the Season A episode 1 began with Federation troopers shooting down everybody taking part in an illegal meeting in a backstreet; seeing it made Roj Blake's suppresed memories come back. And the last episode of the last season ended with another bulk efficient shootdown by Federation troopers.

(I once found a text novel that continued the story: in it, only Avon survived, but before the end Servalan and the Federation were overthrown.)

In a way it seems quite surprising that the ending of the final episode
wasn't planned right from the start. It's just so perfect!
Rojblake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Appleyard wrote:

I had never thought of that before but you are right. In a way Blake's actions caused the first massacre, by being followed by Tarrant in episode one. You could argue he went some way to causing the second massacre, by his bad handling of Arlen, Avon, Tarrant etc in episode 52.
hobgoblin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is meant to be highly ironic as well: Vila, the coward is trying to talk his way out of trouble; the vain tarrant is crying to Avon for help, Soolin is outgunned, Dayna, the weaponry expert is reaching fo rher weapon and the paranoid Avon will die because of his lack of trust.

It is also menat to be a parody of a awestern, with Avon, the "hero" standing in the room unscathed whilst everyone around him is being shot.
BabylonRebel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which actor's would have signed up for the 5th series, had there been one? I reckon that we would have seen the return of Avon, Vila & Soolin, but I heard that the Dayna/Tarrant actors wanted out. ditto Blake.
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all accounts, Gareth Thoms only agreed to come back on the condition that it was absolutely clear that Blake was dead - hence all the blood when Avon shot him!
the masters of cheese

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BabylonRebel wrote:
Which actor's would have signed up for the 5th series, had there been one? I reckon that we would have seen the return of Avon, Vila & Soolin, but I heard that the Dayna/Tarrant actors wanted out. ditto Blake.

sounds good to me! i never did like Dayna and Tarrant much
BabylonRebel

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I reckon Blake (badly injured, neading new bionic/replacement organs), Avon, Vila & Dayna made it out alive. But that's me.
RichardWho

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then again, what about the Blake clone from S2?
BabylonRebel

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardWho wrote:

A symbolic return to the "pure" version of Blake, not the scarred Bounty Hunter he became.
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blake sure would have needed some great surgery after the bullets Avon pumped into him !
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BabylonRebel wrote:
RichardWho wrote:

A symbolic return to the "pure" version of Blake, not the scarred Bounty Hunter he became.

Mind you, the Clonemaster said the clone could 'never be Blake' because he didn't have his experiences. It would take something like the death of Rashelle to push him into the sort of rebellion as the original.
thunda

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BabylonRebel wrote:
Personally, I reckon Blake (badly injured, neading new bionic/replacement organs), Avon, Vila & Dayna made it out alive. But that's me.

And Jenna.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: