Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode D13: BLAKE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ORAC

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mr Stabby - CASE DISMISSED LOL!!!
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the beginning of S3 through to the final showdown Avon was forced to become the leader due to 's departure.

So, I think he was looking to find him to as, stated to hand back the reigns and, find closure. Unfortunately, his plans didn't quite go as he hoped and, because he thought that he had been really betrayed by despite Tarrant prompting him possibly, to think that - his instinct or, beliefs that, everyone always let him down even was justified by his actions!

So, he shot then, suddenly realised he wasn't right about but, by then the damage was done and, he couldn't take it or, reverse killingg and, getting the rest f themkilled in the process.

Resulting, in his only way out being, to make a stand and, take out as many of the opposition with him!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
ORAC

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty the events that lead up to the ending of BLAKE have nothing to do with anyone changing their roles etc.

In Warlord we see Avon trying to get Zukan to be the new rebel's figurehead - he betrays Avon and it leaves a sour taste in his mouth. Anna Grant had already done it to him and not so long ago - Zukan's betrayal was another nail in the coffin as far as Avon was concerned.

We know he knew the whereabouts of Blake BEFORE he met with Zukan - so he wasn't that fussed about him really.

But, he goes after Blake, destroying Xenon base incase Servalan knew of it's whereabouts.

Unfortunately this triggers off a chain of events - Gauda Prime ain't that nicer place, Scorpio is attacked and crashes and Avon is left wondering what the hell is going on.

With absolutely nothing left but Orac to use to his advantage he MUST find Blake and find a way off GP.

...and that's all...when he hears that Blake has betrayed him he thinks, "What the hell" and kills him - he's had enough, he never wanted to be the group's figurehead and now that the last option is dead he may as well be too.

That's how I see it anyway.
Joolz

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still like to hear an attempt to explain the Arlen thing. I mean, at the end of one scene she's offering Deva information about Blake in exchange for her life. The next time we see her she has 'passed the test' and is now part of rebel security. Huh? Does anyone have an explanation for that, or is it best to politely pretend not to have noticed?
inge

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must have been pretty interesting information then as far as blake was concerned.
Maybe Arlen knew that Avon was on his way?
ORAC

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Deva is working with Blake to recruit new rebels.

Deva knows Blake and his past.

Arlen thinks that Deva thinks that Blake is just a Bounty Hunter and therefore if he knew who Blake really was he would make more money because he still had a price on his head.

Because Deva knew this anyway Blake isn't worried, but the fact that she knows he's reputation and hates the Federation "Scum" means that she will work well in the Rebel group.

She is therefore informed of what is going on and why!

SIMPLE REALLY!!!
inge

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naturally!
Joolz

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORAC wrote:

Because Deva knew this anyway Blake isn't worried, but the fact that she knows he's reputation and hates the Federation "Scum" means that she will work well in the Rebel group.

But wouldn't Blake then have to be concerned that the next time Arlen was in a tight place she would try to sell him again, having done it once already?

Interestingly, Tarrant seems ready to do the same thing when it's his turn to be tested.

"Don't you wonder how he knows all this?"
ORAC

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But they grass Blake up because they think that he is working for the Federation....when they realise he is not and it's all a set up they'll join forces.

It's backwards phychology lol!!!
Joolz

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORAC wrote:

Or is it some inscrutible British thinking that a simple American like me can't comprehend?
ORAC

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joolz wrote:
ORAC wrote:

Or is it some inscrutible British thinking that a simple American like me can't comprehend?

NO NO NO NO NO....Look, Arlen thinks that Blake (A man with a price on his head) is working for the Federation and she is now THEIR prisoner.

She thinks by telling Deva who Blake really she can at least get her own back on someone working for the Federation - he captures her, she grasses on him.

By grassing Blake up to Deva they realise that she know who Blake is and what he stands for and would rather see him dead than accept him working for the Federation (which of course he isn't).

Does that make more sense?
Joolz

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORAC wrote:

Does that make more sense?

'Fraid not (pretty thick, eh?)

Look, what I'm saying is that as a test, it would have been more convincing if she had been talking to another prisoner, someone known to be with the rebellion, and said something like, 'I can't believe that Blake would be working for the Federation! How could he sell out the rebellion that way?' As it happened, SHE TRIED TO SELL HIM TO THE FEDERATION. Whatever the circumstances, how could he trust her if she was willing to do that?

I guess that it's a personal perspective. I wouldn't have trusted her after that, but obviously Blake was thinking more along the lines of what you said.
ORAC

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, I tried LOL!!!
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORAC
Quote:
Oh well, I tried LOL!!!

"YES!"

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
ORAC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...or am I just trying...?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: