Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode D10: Gold
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Episode D10: Gold Reply with quote

I quite like Gold - a good adventure story, with a few twists and surprises, and some nice moments, however I thought they could have kept the fact that Avon and Soolin were still alive away from us for a bit longer, difficult true with so much to fit in. I did though find the Space Princess music very annoying.

Points to note;

Avon’s look of worry when Keeler tells him that they are getting big news. Could this be the moment when he realises he will have to take the initiative, which then led to the events in the final three episodes?

We see another sign of Vila’s dislike of Tarrant. Right at the beginning, when the others are leaving the ship, Tarrant turns and calls back: “Keep awake Vila.” Vila shows a look of disgust (maybe they’d had a lovers’s tiff).

We also see that Tarrant is still thinking of his sex with Servalan in the previous episode when he says: “Servalan’s not just some greedy gangster” Avon says: “Surely that’s exactly what she is.” Tarrant’s face is a picture.

Puzzlement points

Soolin’s body search of Keeler was a little too brief for her to declare: “He’s clean."

If Keeler’s original plan was to alter the processing program without anyone knowing, wasn’t killing the guards a bit of a giveaway?

Pity we never saw the scene of Avon and Soolin changing into the guards’ uniforms. But they were wearing the guards’ uniforms when they beamed back to Scorpio. They were not carrying their original clothing and they would have looked too bulky if they had their original clothing on underneath, so how were they back in their original clothing shortly after?

How could we hear the guard scream when the ships disengaged – this was now a vacuum?

Dialogue

Not a lot in the way of classic dialogue, but I did like this:

Soolin: “Something useful?”
Avon: “Guns”
Soolin: “Something useful.”

Avon: “He doesn’t know you as well as I do”
Servalan: “Who does?”
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ORAC

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Gold, not least because of Roy Kinnier - a wonderful character actor and sorely missed.

Gold did have a number of good plot twists and was very different from other episodes of the show.

The special effects looked good too, which was always a bonus for the show.
CACHE

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my favourite stories.

It has a sense of comedy about it because of Roy but it is also very dramatic, although I doubt anyone believed Avon and Soolin to be dead so early on in the episode.
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a great story! I realy like this one! I also like the idea of the security of the gold, turning it black and then gold again. Also I like the end where the money the crew had turns out to be expired money! A classic!
inge

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best episodes.
When the crew thought Soolin and Avon were dead Vila acted very tough towards Kieller.
Avon and Soolin make a great looking pair and work well together.
The scene where Avon was left in the connection between the two ships was genuinely scary.
There were only 3 guards with Servalan, why didn't the crew all fire at once and kill them?
>Carnéll<

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Too Like The Money Being Unless...

Look At Avon In The Backround, His Face Before Orac Had Finished Showed He Had Worked This Out Before Orac Had Finished.

This Shows His Intelligence Above The Others
>Carnéll<

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I like Gold, not least because of Roy Kinnier - a wonderful character actor and sorely missed.

Didn't A Bull Fall On Him??? OUCH
Turnidus
Demon Driver

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Carnéll< wrote:
Quote:

No, I think he fell from a horse whilst filming The Three Muskateers - could be wrong, but I think that was it. Very sad, whatever it was.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turnidus wrote:
>Carnéll< wrote:
Quote:

No, I think he fell from a horse whilst filming The Three Muskateers - could be wrong, but I think that was it. Very sad, whatever it was.

Yes that's right, he was filming Return of the 3 Musketeers or The 4 Musketeers or something and fell off his horse - much the same as Christopher Reeve, but died of his injuries.
inge

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they were filming Gold, it seems Roy was a real character and kept them all laughing so much, Glynis could't look at him while saying her lines.
jdarwent

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORAC wrote:
Turnidus wrote:
>Carnéll< wrote:
Quote:

Yes that's right, he was filming Return of the 3 Musketeers or The 4 Musketeers or something and fell off his horse - much the same as Christopher Reeve, but died of his injuries.

Roy Kinnear bled to death during the filming of 'The Return of The Musketeers'. He fell off a horse during a shoot and broke his pelvis on 20th September 1988.
Servalans Hair

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Roy Kinnear - he was good in this.
Good episode overall - action packed. Loved the Space Princess music - uber-camp!!
Avons definitely going a bit bonkers now - that maniacal laugh at the end, can't blame him, but he still looked mental!
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching this this evening. Loved all the drugged up passengers on the Space Princess. And Avon manages a nice dig at Tarrant following his sex with Servalan in the previous episode.
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
inge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scene between Avon and Servalan is a classic too.
But the crew had the opportunity to kill her then, they should have.
pickle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Carnéll< wrote:
I Too Like The Money Being Unless...

Look At Avon In The Backround, His Face Before Orac Had Finished Showed He Had Worked This Out Before Orac Had Finished.

This Shows His Intelligence Above The Others

Yes... I liked the resigned scowl too.

Sexy avon/servalan scene.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: