Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode D7: Assassin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calculatedguess

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cockroach Boy wrote:
There is one interesting devellpment for Avon - he seems to devellop a consciounce all of a sudden and rescues Nebrox. Why? After all, as he says later on the old man could be a nuisance to him.

I think the key to this lays in the fact that Servalan is present. He has very intense feelings towards her because she has seen him at his very worst. She was there when he gunned down Anna. She was here when his own greed lead him to Terminal where he was prepared to sacrifice his crew and ship for an empty facade of Blake. However much he hates her, he also has a lot to prove to her. He saves Nebrox in an attempt to show her - and maybe to convince himself - that she does not fully understand him. Perhaps if she had been on Gauda Prime at the end, he might not have killed Blake?

I was wondering why Avon suddenly seemed to have a conscience, and this seems like a really good explanation - thanks Cockroach. It's also interesting what Valentine says about Avon always keeping his promises... it's not something I'd have thought of him, really, but I'll keep a look out for it in future...

Quote:
Servalan's outfit is very nice and doesn't look as though it was made by a blind man in a chicken farm.
briiiiliant.

BTW, does anyone else think the slave food looked like apple sauce...?
Rocks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the slave food did look like apple sauce but maybe with a bit of porridge mixed in to give it added texture.

The old guy certainly like it, guess it's not too different to what they get in old people's homes.
dave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The apple sauce probably came straight from the BBC canteen - this was a low budget production don't forget.
inge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The look on Avon's face when he tries the mangon is priceless as well.
thunda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not I've only just recently watched this episode from beginning to end.Rather than re-hash what has already been discussed,I'd like to explore how Assassin shows the similarities between Avon and Tarrant.

Neither have any qualms about shooting an unarmed man,yet both seem to have a problem shooting him in the back.

Both are very protective towards the one they believe saved their life.

Both seem to have been born with the "alpha male" gene.

Both men appear a bit rattled when taken out of their usual element,as evident of some of the things they say,most of which should have been said in private.Being hunted in space is alot different than being hunted on an unfamilar ship.

Although he won't admit it,Avon is just as much the lone wolf hero type as Tarrant.Teleporting down to Domo and allowing himself to be captured by slavers was very risky.
Ron

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched this one for a second time and thought it was really good.

There are a lot of similarities between Avon and Tarrant which could be why there's so much tension between them. Maybe they treat each other as kind of equals since they both gave as good as they got in 'Terminal'.

inge wrote:

I thought Piri was overacting.

I'd no idea who she really was so I thought Caroline Holdaway played Piri really well. When she says to Avon 'I am Cancer' she emphasises 'am' rather than 'I' which I first thought was a bit strange. Then I wondered if she wants to appear a bit unstable and so more dangerous.
inge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of similarities between Avon and Tarrant, this is probably what causes friction between them.
Perhaps Avon sees Tarrant as a younger version of himself.
In spite of their differences, when Avon finds Tarrant in the tracking gallery on GP, he is glad that Tarrant survived the crash, and tells him that sincerely.
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tarrant was a passionate, headstrong but who needed someone in charge to tell him where to focus his energies. I think he would have been a willing recruit to Blake's crusade. At some level he probably wanted Avon to provide that kind of focus in his life but Avon didn't try to inspire trust in his crew in the same way that Blake did. Aot of his antagonism towards Avon in season 3 may have come from disillusionment - having heard of the Liberator crew he finds that they are not what he expected.

Tarrant seems to have spent his life looking for a cause be it the Federation, freedom fighting or love. His impatience got in the way but he was also unlucky.
inge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with that CB. I think it would have been interesting to see the Blake of S1 and S2 interact with Tarrant, instead of the bounty hunter Blake at the end.
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched this with the Darrow / Pearce commentary , boy , was Jackie annoyed at the actress playing Piri and I must admit this episode is a pile of pants - really bad at times!
Ron

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We see Slave in Assassin, but checking the scripts, I think this is the one episode in Season 4 without him. Now there's a question for Mastermind!
Roj

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my fav episodes, i really love the woman who plays cancer, shes really sexy and I love her voice, shes a great actress.
Tim Squad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the earrings,

another pic than instead
[img][/img]

Last edited by Tim Squad on Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
MagnusGreel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched it. Soolin has good moments in it. I wish we'd seen more of the women protagonists thinking and working out problems, and having breakthroughs. It's always more interesting to be brought into characters' thinking processes, and we don't get as much of that with women. I enjoy Soolin's irony/sarcasm too, when she's allowed a chance to have it onscreen.

Piri, was it? I suppose the insufferably weepy and terrified character Cancer was playing was good for some laughs. I imagined the cast breaking up each time they heard "cut"... We weren't really supposed to like her, were we? I enjoyed Soolin's attitude toward her, and the line about "hysterical women". It became way too much, though, when she continued overacting as Cancer. That was just as much a crazy, exaggerated, self-indulgent performance, so I wouldn't have been surprised if she'd ripped off a mask and revealed that "Cancer" wasn't real either. Someone misinformed her that B7 was corny, bad, cliche-filled space opera I guess. Just sound e-e-e-villll.... and you'll have 'em eating out of your hand, thinks what's-her-name.

The form-changing crab broach seemed magical, not technological. How many devices do the people of this era live with that just change from one kind of object to another, right before their eyes?

Good for Avon, taking huge risks by delaying their exit from the planet, so Richard Hurndall could escape. Avon has a conscience, definitely. It's just on the back burner, usually.
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagnusGreel wrote:
Just watched it. Soolin has good moments in it. I wish we'd seen more of the women protagonists thinking and working out problems, and having breakthroughs. It's always more interesting to be brought into characters' thinking processes, and we don't get as much of that with women. I enjoy Soolin's irony/sarcasm too, when she's allowed a chance to have it onscreen.

Shame they didn't develop Soolin's character more, I thought she was shaping up to be the character who could actually stand up to Avon, as Blake did in seasons 1 and 2, or Cally did in season 3. Then again, she may been capable of being quite ruthless, so perhaps she wouldn't offer the moral(?) opposition that Blake and Cally did. I remember reading an interview with Paul Darrow where he observed that the Avon character needs a character who can oppose him, although perhaps the lack of such a character in season 4 could fit in with all the "Avon going off the rails" theories...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: