Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode D7: Assassin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ORAC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you are...you naughty naughty girls LOL!!
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORAC
Quote:

Guess, that you're a little jealous because, we aren't dreaming about YOU then, aren't YOU "ORAC"???

SWEET DREAMS -"Inge" (Avon )

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
ORAC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentine wrote:
ORAC
Quote:

Guess, that you're a little jealous because, we aren't dreaming about YOU then, aren't YOU "ORAC"???

SWEET DREAMS -"Inge" (Avon )

If dreaming of little boxes with flashing lights doesn't turn you on then I think this is a good and healthy thing!
inge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantasy is the spice of life.
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
ORAC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inge wrote:
Fantasy is the spice of life.

And it's the reality that kills it!!!
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"CONFIRMED!"

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
inge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My other fantasy is winning lotto, but that ain't gonna happen either!
kristin724

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this episode today and I still enjoy it. As a kid I was totally hooked and tossed in this one and despite picking up things now that I didn't then, It's still a good one.

Soolin has some good moments in this one. Was this one of the episodes that still had Cally in it and had to be rewritten? Still, I can't picture Cally hitting Piri ( I can see her being sceptical) Soolin had good developement here.

Great moments with Servalan, er Sleer, too. Although knowing now she used up her air time and could not appear in Blake, I wonder if she needed appear her? Have Cancer mention Sleer? Avon guess it? Would the episode still have been as good? I think not.
white afro in space

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing has been bugging me about this episode: "Domo the 9th. Five subjects" How does Servalan know that it is five subjects? Does she know that Cally is dead? Does she know about Soolin?

I love the bit where Neebrox is talking about Servalan:

"Well then, this morning, another ship arrived, a black ship. But nobody got out of it, and no one was allowed near it, except this woman. She went on board, stayed for about an hour, and then she came back here, went into one of the slave huts, and she made a purchase"

"Yes. You see, a party of traveling entertainers was brought in about two months ago. She bought one and they went back to the ship"

"I don't know. I don't even know which one it was. I only know that she took one of them back to the black ship and then she came back here alone"

All of this information when he, supposedly, "... didn't really get much of a look at her"
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favourite series 4 episodes. Its a simple, character lead story but very enjoyable.

Soolin is great in this one. Her differing reactions to Nebrox and Piri tell us a lot about her attitudes. Nebrox is not a warrior, but his is someone who doesn't give up and still finds time to help other people. Soolin respects him and is upset by his death. Piri appears to be helpless and concerned only with her own safety and Soolin has nothing but contempt for her. We have already seen that Soolin is very tough and can be ruthless but she does hove a moral sense and is not just concerned for her own skin. She's smart too, working out what is really going on where Avon and Tarrant cannot. Glynis gives an excellent peformance and, like Jeri Ryan, she shows that there's no reason why a sexy woman can't also be a very good acctress.

Piri is a clever character too. Her manipulation of Tarrant is not just sexual, but also plays on his repressed hostility to Avon. Ever since Avon drew a gun on him in Terminal, Tarrant has been very wary of him. He hasn't stood up to him because he'sscared of him, a humiliating position for someone as headstrong as Del. By implying not just that Avon is their leader but also that he is also the brains of the outfit, Piri brings all the resentments back to the surface. Her switch from snivelling helpless girl to a posh assassin is very amusing - love the way Cancer talks about killing the crew as though she were planning a dinner party.

Servalan seems to be enjoying herself in this story too. Her sidelong glance at Velris when she claims to be providing a useful public service is a nice touch. Its also worth noting that this is one of those rare instances in series 4 when Servalan's outfit is very nice and doesn't look as though it was made by a blind man in a chicken farm.

So a good story for the ladies! The male characters don't come out if it as well. Tarrant is totally hoodwinked by Cancer of course, but she is just as good at manipulating Avon's intellectual arrogance.

There is one interesting devellpment for Avon - he seems to devellop a consciounce all of a sudden and rescues Nebrox. Why? After all, as he says later on the old man could be a nuisance to him.

I think the key to this lays in the fact that Servalan is present. He has very intense feelings towards her because she has seen him at his very worst. She was there when he gunned down Anna. She was here when his own greed lead him to Terminal where he was prepared to sacrifice his crew and ship for an empty facade of Blake. However much he hates her, he also has a lot to prove to her. He saves Nebrox in an attempt to show her - and maybe to convince himself - that she does not fully understand him. Perhaps if she had been on Gauda Prime at the end, he might not have killed Blake?
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cockroach Boy
Quote:

There is one interesting devellpment for Avon - he seems to devellop a consciounce all of a sudden and rescues Nebrox. Why? After all, as he says later on the old man could be a nuisance to him.

"Well now," - when Avon gives his word - he keeps it. He promised to help "NEBROX" although, not to convincingly when they where in the cell together - but, he did keep his word, even IF it seemed out of character - it wasn't!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
inge

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Headhunter and Assasin we finally see Soolin's character and about time.
She is shown to be resourceful and intelligent and not scared to stand up to either Avon or Tarrant.
Cockroach Boy said:
Quote:

Servalan seems to be enjoying herself in this story too. Her sidelong glance at Velris when she claims to be providing a useful public service is a nice touch. Its also worth noting that this is one of those rare instances in series 4 when Servalan's outfit is very nice and doesn't look as though it was made by a blind man in a chicken farm.

I like Servalan in this episode too.
However Dayna had the perfect opportunity to kill her but got distracted. Not good for the hunter Dayna had been portrayed as.

White Afro said:
Quote:

One thing has been bugging me about this episode: "Domo the 9th. Five subjects" How does Servalan know that it is five subjects? Does she know that Cally is dead? Does she know about Soolin?

Her intelligence sources would have to be good to be be able to find that out and if so, she would have also been able to locate Xenon Base.
pna

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good episode, but I suspected immediately that Piri was Cancer - following on from Headhunter, as was alerted to such possibilities and Neebrox said too much in the cell with Avon.

Is anyone else confused about the spider that went to kill Soolin - if it was Cancer's shouldn't it have been a crab? (It turned into a broach of a crab) or was it too difficult for the special effects department to make a sideways scuttling crab, or did someone realise that crab's generally don't have poisonous venom? Perhaps they should have called Cancer something like Black Widow, but thats been done before and would have given the game away even more than Neebrox's speach.

This episode has a commentary on the S4 DVDs (Paul D and Jackie P) - listening to it I get the impression they didn't even know which episode they were going to see before it started! They speculated that Avon was going a bit soft - rescuing Neebrox, and calling the guards name before he shot him - the comment made was 'there was a time when he would have shot him in the back'.
Servalans Hair

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh best episode of series 4 so far!
I remember this one from when i was a kid - it stuck in my mind because i hate spiders - yes i know it looks plastic now, but i was more impressionable when i was 6! Loved the red splat when tarrant shoots it!
Guessed the twist quite early, as they caught "cancer" so easily, but knew for definite when she was talking to Neebrox and didnt know what the slave food was called...
Soolin was good in this too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: