Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode A11: Bounty
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Episode A11: Bounty Reply with quote

This is a very well written episode with some excellent dialogue. Terry Nation excelled himself. I particularly enjoyed the conversation between Sarkoff and Blake when they first meet. That was very well done. The episode also ran two separate plots together seamlessly, with both being the lead plot in their own time.

Interestingly, they use Cally's telepathy sensibly and often in this episode, something they don't do enough of generally. It is a useful weapon used infrequently. Notice was given of this when Cally compared her telepathy to her rusty reflexes, saying she must practice it more. This also suggests that it is not totally a natural ability, which points to the idea that some fans say that the Aurons are really human. However, this is countered later in the episode when Sarkoff says to Cally: "Your people don't originate from Earth."

I did like the bit at the beginning where Cally warns Blake by telepathy of guards approaching and not to make a sound, and then Blake crashes through the undergrowth to reach her.

Gan showed he was willing to sacrifice himself for the others if necessary when he volunteered to check out the Star Queen and said Vila could fire on the other ship when he was over there if it was a trap. This is interesting in the light of Blake's guilt next season when Gan does die on a mission.

Questions
Wht didn't Avon hear Vila's warning until after he teleported the aliens when Vila gave the warning before he teleported them?

Did Blake foul his pants when Sarkoff pulled the trigger on the empty gun?

Why can Blake, who has never used a starting handle, know the technique better than Tyce, who presumably has lots of experience using one?

After they killed Tarvin at the end, what happened to the approaching Federation patrol?

General points
You'd think Sarkoff would have a DVD player among his old Earth artefacts.

The first conversation between Jenna and Tarvin suggests they once had a close relationship.

Gems
Blake's total look of puzzlement when the old song is playing on the record player.

Blake sitting there for ages with the collar-bomb clearly undone just before Vila spends ages trying to undo it.

Avon's shoes looked like they belonged in Sarkoff's museum when we saw the nails holding the heel on.

Jenna knocks an Amagon out by kicking him in the hip (one of my favourite all time scenes).

Quotes
"Civilisation has always depended on courtesy rather than truth," - Sarkoff.

"I'm entitled to my opinion," - Vila.
"It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating," - Avon.

"The test is not whether you are suspicious but whether you are caught," - Avon.

"I don't want data, I want to know what's happening," - Vila.

"Well it's faster than the automobile, but not as amusing," - Sarkoff on teleporting.
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not such a good episode this one. But I haven't watched this one in donkeys years again!
CJ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great episode. Steve's right, that exchange between Blake and Sarkoff is classic and once Blake starts breaking up his precious collection you can see the man has a spine of pure ice.
But one more question - how does Vila get his collar removed...?
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Rogerson
Quote:
You'd think Sarkoff would have a DVD player among his old Earth artifacts

"Ah" - back in '77 when, "BOUNTY" was made - did DVD's actually exist for them to be included - I don't think so!!!

Must admit not one of my favourite episodes - despite having, the brilliant - "T P McKENNA" in it and, some interesting dialogue.

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
inge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only seen this episode once but did enjoy it. I liked Sarkoff and Tyce character's.
Cally was well suited to this episode also.
To answer one of Steve's questions, it was easier for Blake to operate the handle on the vintage car as these handles require muscles not brains to turn the motor over.
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I watched it again yesterday and I thought it was better on a second viewing.
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picard
Quote:
Sorry I watched it again yesterday and I thought it was better on a second viewing.

"Well now, - I doubt it!"

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`d sooner eat the chocalate bar than sit through this pile of manure again ! .
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE wrote:
I`d sooner eat the chocalate bar than sit through this pile of manure again ! .

You speak the truth! I would eat and watch B7 or in BLAKESCREWE's case Startrek!
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janov Seldon wrote:
Bounty is okay apart from the Turkish pirates, who look like they've just walked on the set by mistake whilst looking for the Fry's Turkish Delight advert they're starring in.

The thing about the pirates is that they actually gave Jenna a hint an interesting back story. it was just a pity that that was never followed through.
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree that the Amagons are a good idea. But, like the Terra Nostra and the Space rats, they were criminally underused. That hasn't stopped fanfic authors though.

Interestingly, in a review of Stardrive that I read years ago, the reviewer commented that it might have been a good idea to link up the two, the Space Rats being used as pirates or muscle by the Terra Nostra to knock off anyone not operating under Terra nostra "protection"

Again, it's also a good bit of back story for Jenna.
thunda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than talk about the actual story right now,there are two things I'm curious about.

1)The scene near the beginning where Cally jumps off the ledge onto the Federation guard,obvious it was a stunt person,but it doesnt look like they used ropes or a mat to break her/his fall.It actually looks like the Cally stunt double jumps from the ledge to the ground,in high heels .I know it's a little thing,but it's bugging me.

2)What's Zen's problem? He is able to warn the crew that the voice is not Gan's,but he won't tell Villa there's an intruder on board.
Turnidus
Demon Driver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunda wrote:
1)The scene near the beginning where Cally jumps off the ledge onto the Federation guard,obvious it was a stunt person,but it doesnt look like they used ropes or a mat to break her/his fall.It actually looks like the Cally stunt double jumps from the ledge to the ground,in high heels .I know it's a little thing,but it's bugging me.

I believe that the stunt double actually hurt herself doing that - I think she bit through her tongue or something.
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turnidus
Quote:

thunda
Quote:

Quote:
I believe that the stunt double actually hurt herself doing that - I think she bit through her tongue or something.

You're right "Turnidus" about the stunt person who, doubled for (JAN) getting injured. She did indeed bite through her tongue when she fell badly during said stunt. "GARETH" also broke the top of the wall of the tower as it came away when he was climbing up it.

It just shows how sensible it was for the main actor's NOT to risk doing their own stunts on the series, doesn't it. Unlike, a certain gent ("PAUL") did many of his own stunts on the series - so he was lucky he wasn't, hurt seriously!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it proves that even the the far future Women still prefer to hobble around in high heeled shoes - even if it means breaking an ankle !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: