Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode A9: Project Avalon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who do you think squezzed her?
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always, felt this story a little too contrived (so, it's definitely one of my least favourite episodes) and, it left too many, loose ends and, unanswered questions.

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

`PROJECT AVALON` was excellent , apart from one or two points , Blake`s stupidity again , and that Avalon robot was pathetic ! . And why did the guinea pig chap not make one utterance when subjected to that experiment ? .I would have thought he would have shown some pain during those twenty seconds ! .
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhapes he had his voicebox eaten up by the desice!
Mr Love

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORAC wrote:
Yes, but as has been said thousands of times before, what a waste of a character, it would have been great to see her join the crew full time.

In the past, someone in here (or was it the older forum ? ) gave me the "too many cooks" theory in rebuttal when I asserted Blake needed more loyal crew members who were into the cause; people like Cally. I have problems with the rebuttal position but perhaps it might apply to Avalon. She might just have been too big a leader to work under Blake.

But, then again, I certainly feel he needed more loyal crew members since Avon and Vila obviously weren't very into the rebellion. Jenna was useful in being personally loyal to him but she wasn't into the cause either. Gan gave evidence of a deeper morality but I'm uncertain about his position on Blake's cause. Cally was the only one who truly shared his vision.

However, this is television and certain characters were needed to keep the show on.
ORAC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think after Blake and Jenna left that Avalon could have joined, Avalon Vs Avon would have been quite amusing.
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AVALON would`nt have stood a chance with AVON , he would have had her tied up in knots ( and then he would have used his charm to get her in the sack ! ) .
ORAC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE wrote:
AVALON would`nt have stood a chance with AVON , he would have had her tied up in knots ( and then he would have used his charm to get her in the sack ! ) .

...WHILE CALLY TALKED DIRTY TO HIM NO DOUBT....THREESOME!!!
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORAC wrote:
BLAKESCREWE wrote:

...WHILE CALLY TALKED DIRTY TO HIM NO DOUBT....THREESOME!!!

Then Gan comes along and eats them!
Mr Love

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE wrote:

Well, if Avalon was that weak, I wonder how in the world she was able to run a rebel network ?
ORAC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I think a face off between Avalon and Avon would have been great - just when he thought he was free from Blake's ideals and had the Liberator she turns up and it starts all over again.
inge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the sound of that. Avon needed someone to be a leader as he didn't want the responsibility.
Do you think he would take orders from Avalon, though?
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inge
Quote:
Avon needed someone to be a leader as he didn't want the responsibility.

Which, Avon made perfectly clear to at the end of, "DELIVERANCE". Unfortunately, he ended up with it, anyway.

Inge
Quote:
Do you think he would take orders from Avalon, though?

had a hard enough time, on occasions, getting Avon to follow with what he wanted. So, I very much doubt that, "AVALON" would have faired any better.

Infact, I doubt that she would have survived that long as, things would have come to a head even quicker than with

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
Mr Love

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentine wrote:

had a hard enough time, on occasions, getting Avon to follow with what he wanted. So, I very much doubt that, "AVALON" would have faired any better.

Infact, I doubt that she would have survived that long as, things would have come to a head even quicker than with

Blake might not have survived if not for the loyalty and support of the other crew members. For example, early on, if Jenna had decided to fly off in the Liberator with Avon, Blake would have been stranded on Cygnus Alpha and his rebellion might have ended there.

So, Avalon's ability to survive would probably depend on whether she could gain the loyalty of the crew OR bring on board new crew members who felt more loyalty to her than to anyone else there.
inge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Avalon's aims and Avon were the same ie: survival, there may have been some agreement.
Avalon was more interested in defeating the Federation where Avon just wanted to be safe.
If she were able to convince him that both aims were basically the same, she may have had a chance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: