Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

So, when are the rest of the seasons coming to DVD?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strangelove91

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:23 am    Post subject: So, when are the rest of the seasons coming to DVD? Reply with quote

Like the title says... when will we see the rest of the series... and does anyone here have any info about upcoming R1 DVDs?

Oh, and BTW... welcome back?
THE_LIBERATOR
Goatboy

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL
ORAC

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SERIES 2 hasn't been officially announced as yet but it's expected late 2004.
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play.com are claiming 4 October for season two, but they claimed loads of different dates for season one too, but that wasn't their fault.
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ORAC

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No dount the BBC will make some kind of miniscule announcement sometime in 2006.
strangelove91

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't the company that did the transfer for the first series know more details? Can't remember the guy's name, and of course, the old forums are lost... he posted here quite a lot.
ORAC

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strangelove91 wrote:
Wouldn't the company that did the transfer for the first series know more details? Can't remember the guy's name, and of course, the old forums are lost... he posted here quite a lot.

He did indeed and his posts were very helpful....but then when all the complaints arrived he vanished LOL!!!
strangelove91

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!

I just hope the BBC - or whoever is responsible for this - won't pull a "Twin Peaks - Season 2" on us...
THE_LIBERATOR
Goatboy

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORAC wrote:
He did indeed and his posts were very helpful....but then when all the complaints arrived he vanished LOL!!!
I think that he just became very busy! Mark Spencer was his name
Mr-Stabby

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see region 1 dvds happening for a very long time. Heres a tip though. I don't know if it's the same on a PC, but on a mac, if you buy a Region 2 DVD and have a Superdrive DVD-Writer you can put the DVDs into your mac, and convert them to region 1, without any loss of quality, with just one click of the button too. Its very easy!

I imagine it would be a lot harder on a pc though
ORAC

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr-Stabby wrote:
I don't see region 1 dvds happening for a very long time. Heres a tip though. I don't know if it's the same on a PC, but on a mac, if you buy a Region 2 DVD and have a Superdrive DVD-Writer you can put the DVDs into your mac, and convert them to region 1, without any loss of quality, with just one click of the button too. Its very easy!

Ever resourceful Mr Stabby!
Simon

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr-Stabby wrote:

You mean to watch it on your computer or to write to a dvd and take it away to a stand alone player ? You can get DVDGenie for the pc which is freeware software that allows you to change the region that your DVD software is running.
ORAC

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a world where the film industry is trying to outlaw Pirate copies surely it makes sense to have ONE REGION and just release the damn things!

OK, so some countries see a film later than others, but the DVD's can still be released worldwide on the same day surely.

If the film industry were THAT worried they'd abolish Region Codes - it's a stupid system!
Mr-Stabby

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Mr-Stabby wrote:

You mean to watch it on your computer or to write to a dvd and take it away to a stand alone player ? You can get DVDGenie for the pc which is freeware software that allows you to change the region that your DVD software is running.

Actually writing it to a DVD under a different region code. Infact you can actually take away the region code, making it playable on any player. The only problem this would cause is if you have a different tv set to the country it came from, i.e. watching a NTSC DVD on a PAL TV will cause problems.

ORAC, abolishing region codes is not an option, because of the different systems of video that countries use like PAL, SECAM, NTSC etc. The only way they could get away with abolishing region codes is if the DVD had different versions of the content on the same DVD so you could play it on any type of set.
CACHE

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackstar/sendit.com have Season 2 advertised for 28th June.

I didn't have a problem with Sseason 1 so it's a shame we have to wait so long if the June date has been changed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: