Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode B1:Redemption
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sela

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Episode B1:Redemption Reply with quote

There's some great battles in this one!
ORAC

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redemption is a great first story for series 2 and we finally get to see who built the Liberator.

A shame though that we didn't find out more.
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The system got blown up didn't they?
ORAC

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, the whole space station was destroyed, as with the Liberator's sister ship(s).
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, only one of the Liberator's sister ships was destroyed. The System itself only suffered massive system disruption thanks to Orac.
inge

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we have to assume there were originally more than 2 DSV's,
what happened to the others?
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Alta said that liberator was DSV 2, Orac blew up DSV 3, so I would imagine that the others were in that space battle seen on the London's screens in Spacefall, and there was at least one BIG explosion, so i would guess that's where the other sister ship went.
ORAC

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, possibly...it's a shame we never knew who the battle was between - certainly not the Federation and as it was in Federation Space I'm amazed they never went any further in finding out.
callyfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redemption has always been one of my favorites. The origin of Liberator. Just before the main action, Avon tells Blake there is a problem with the intermediate detectors. this was the first clue. Intermediate would mean that close and long range detectors were working well. Battle Computer would make sure that was the best time to attack. Liberator gets hit with nuetron blasters. That was the second clue. The federation uses plasma bolts. Vila says they are going standard by 14. Liberator is the fastest ship and it goes standard by 12. Then they show the final clue. The engine designs of the hunter seekers definatly look like Liberators. I also loved the ships systems working by themselves. We know Liberator can heal and defend itself. Way back in Spacefall when Jena touches the control she gets a feeling of euphoria, then Zen starts talking English. I could go on but I will stop here.
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORAC wrote:
Yes, possibly...it's a shame we never knew who the battle was between - certainly not the Federation and as it was in Federation Space I'm amazed they never went any further in finding out.

It Wasn't In Federation Space As I Recall, Sector 12 Was Outside Federation Reach. They Had Sent Probes Out That Far, But Hadn't Expanded Their Reach Out That Far.
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, no. The battle itself was elsewhere and certainly nowhere near sector twelve.

Redemption gives us some of the answers, but not many and raises even more.

I think someone elsewhere mentioned the three planets that combined made up Spaceworld and the life there. I've always assumed that they were colonised by humans fairly early and that the colonies were fighting amongst themselves before the computer system was developed.
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janov Seldon wrote:
Again, no. The battle itself was elsewhere and certainly nowhere near sector twelve.

Redemption gives us some of the answers, but not many and raises even more.

I think someone elsewhere mentioned the three planets that combined made up Spaceworld and the life there. I've always assumed that they were colonised by humans fairly early and that the colonies were fighting amongst themselves before the computer system was developed.

My Point Is, Avon Says The Star Pattern Is In The Twelfth Sector, And That's Where They End Up. Thus The Base Must Be In The Twelfth Sector. The Federation's Reach Extended Into The Eleventh Sector, At Least, That Is Where Star One Was Supposed To Be According To Lurgan's Coordinantes.
zedro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but if the sectors are like the slices of a chocolate orange, centred on the Earth and expanding to infinity, then the Federation could have explored the bit of Sector 12 near earth but not yet reached the farther out bits of it.
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Always Assumed The Sectors Were Like Spirals, Sector 1 Was A Round Circle In The Centre of The Galaxy, Sector 2 A Larger Circle Around That, And So Forth Until Sector 12 Was The Outskirts of The Galaxy.
Davecabs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched Redemption on the new season 2 DVD and loved it. It was as good, if not better, than I remembered it. The ending to season one was brilliant and they discovered a great way to get round it. Orac says something like "Space vehicle will be destroyed!" and not "Liberator will be destroyed!" The Alta's were a good concept and the whole computer control thing was a nice touch. It was a shame that all we saw of the slaves was the obligatory Roy Evans and, of course, he was killed before the end to stop him escaping with them and becoming another crew member.

I loved Orac's comment at the end that if he had not destroyed the Liberator his prediction wouldn't have come true. Very nice touch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: