Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode D1: RESCUE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ORAC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Episode D1: RESCUE Reply with quote

I watched this at the weekend and I just cannot decide if I like it or not.

It was great to see everyone back (when it was originally screened) but I just think it lacks something and I can't put my finger on what it was.

Cally's departure didn't really make much of a difference.
Rhiannon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did enjoy "Rescue". It was well written and seemed to roll
up any loose ends from the former seasons. One I can't
resist hanging chad: How did Dorian know Avon and
comrades would be stranded on Terminal? Any theories?

Auntie Rhiannon
ORAC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ya Auntie!!!

Good question, he was looking for The Liberator and wouldn't have stood a chance in stealing it if it hadn't have been destroyed - Avon would have just opened fire and blown Scorpio to bits!

I think it was a plot ploy that had huge gaping holes in it...7 glasses etc made the viewer wonder at the time but not much afterwards.
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've Always Wondered This, The Obvious Thing Is Servalan Told Dorian, But Then She Would Have Known Where Xenon Base Was So :S

I Have No Theories Whatsoever Aside Possibly He Met Up With Servalan On Her Way too Terminal & Cut A Deal
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was because Dorian had acess to the Gastat and that told him where to find it's lunch. But I do enjoy this episode at any rate, quite a good beggining for a new series.
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's enjoyable, considering this is a first episode with a new ship and, base and, a replacement for with the introduction of "SOOLIN" for Avon and, the remaining, "LIBERATOR" crew, to end up with.

Only, thing spoiling it is, was the geshalt creature turning out to be a, "DW" Sea Devil!!!

Kinda, spoilt the ending, all powerful creature hidden in, "DORIAN'S" attic theme (or, underground tunnels in this case) - somewhat.

This does have some really good dialogue - especially, for

"Uh. Come on you great oaf. This is no time to take a nap. If I've broken my back hauling a corpse about, I'll never forgive you Tarrant."

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN

Last edited by Valentine on Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have to agree with the sea devil! When I saw that I went,"Is B7 turning into DW or is it just me watching Dune afterwards confusing me?!"
inge

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back after having no computer for a week.
I liked Rescue as it started the new series, but there seems to be a gap between Terminal and Rescue. How much time would there have been between the two episodes?
I would have liked to see Avon looking for Cally and finding her but as Jan Chapel did not want to do a 4th season, we missed out on that.
callyfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Cally had stayed and irant, i mean Tarrant had died. . I can only guess that Vila saved Tarrant because he was closest. Too bad they couldn't have had Cally rescued but with her face bandaged. Then two episodes later she has plastic surgery like the soaps and the new Cally resumes her duties. Jenna did show everyone how to fly Liberator.
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

callyfan wrote:
I wish Cally had stayed and irant, i mean Tarrant had died. . I can only guess that Vila saved Tarrant because he was closest. Too bad they couldn't have had Cally rescued but with her face bandaged. Then two episodes later she has plastic surgery like the soaps and the new Cally resumes her duties. Jenna did show everyone how to fly Liberator.

Or Jan Chappell did`nt want to do anymore ! .
inge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cally was a great character but Soolin was a good replacement for her.
She was smart, skilled and not scared to say her piece.
The sort of mercenary that Avon was looking for?
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering about the bit in this episode where Dorian says "you mean you're here by choice" and the crew have a bit of a reaction... anyone got any theories as to why they react like that?
white afro in space

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the scene where, after a cut to everybody's reactions, the camera closes in on Avon and he does his little pivot with accompanying mood music? I love that scene!! Poor old Avon looks like some sort of bad tempered psychedelic manikin (I'm serious! )

Dorian's line is supposed to be threatening but instead comes across as only just beyond innocuous. Dorian is hammering a point at the crew saying that he was their only option out of Terminal. Perhaps they should be thankful or perhaps they should be careful? Little bit of both I reckon.
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
DAYNA Why call a computer Slave?

DORIAN Joke, I suppose.

AVON Someone has a very expensive sense of humor.

DORIAN Everything has it's price, Avon. You have to decide whether you want to pay it or not. That's all.

VILA Well, I don't believe in paying.

DORIAN You mean you're here by choice?

So Dorian is sarcastically saying that by being there, they're "paying" for something? I see what you mean, Afro, that he could just be threatening them in some way, or saying that he's still the one in control of the situation... maybe referring to the "payment" he will exact when they become his gestalt creature...

I just thought that from the reactions of the crew, it was as if he'd said something that made them think about themselves... about their "choice" to be rebels, or to search for Blake... and made them realise that they felt more of a responsibility to be doing what they're doing than they realised.... ??
inge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did seem a coincidence that Dorian rescued them just as the earthquake happened.
Maybe he was reminding them that he was the only way off Terminal, which would imply he knew more about their situation than he let on.
How did he know the Liberator had been in the area?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: