Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

BLAKE'S 7 DVD LAYER CHANGE PROBLEMS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diane G

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picard wrote:
Diane? Do you accept cash? I'll have to borrow a cheqe.

Hi Picard,
yes we can accept cash - pounds sterling only - though it's really not safe to send cash through the post so it's at your own risk. If you want to send cash, I'd suggest sending it by Special Delivery, though that means extra costs for you for that. Or we take postal orders, which are safer to send.

Cheques or Postal Orders would be payable to 'Horizon' and the address to send to is Diane Gies, Horizon, 37 Linton Avenue, Borehamwood, Herts. WD6 4RB.

- Diane
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diane G wrote:
Picard wrote:
Diane? Do you accept cash? I'll have to borrow a cheqe.

Hi Picard,
yes we can accept cash - pounds sterling only - though it's really not safe to send cash through the post so it's at your own risk. If you want to send cash, I'd suggest sending it by Special Delivery, though that means extra costs for you for that. Or we take postal orders, which are safer to send.

Cheques or Postal Orders would be payable to 'Horizon' and the address to send to is Diane Gies, Horizon, 37 Linton Avenue, Borehamwood, Herts. WD6 4RB.

- Diane

Thanks you never know I may buy one when I've got the money.
terrible zodin
Poser

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Bought The DVD's On Wednesday, And From Reading This Topic, It Made Me A Little Paranoid, But I Was Relieved To Find That Their Are No Layer Change Problems When I Play The Discs On My iBook, And Their Is Only The Slightest Hiccough When I Play Them On My Main DVD Player
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrible zodin wrote:
I Bought The DVD's On Wednesday, And From Reading This Topic, It Made Me A Little Paranoid, But I Was Relieved To Find That Their Are No Layer Change Problems When I Play The Discs On My iBook, And Their Is Only The Slightest Hiccough When I Play Them On My Main DVD Player

Same with my set! But I brought it the Wednesday after it was relesed.
Lil Shepherd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a warning here, folks. I sent my first set of discs back to Amazon because they paused on the layer changes. Amazon nicely refunded my money.

Recently, I reordered, and received the discs last week. They did, indeed, have the yellow sticker on the back, and the first disc played perfectly. The second, however, was far worse than the orginal editions, making 'The Web' almost unwatchable.

As I had had an invitation from the BBC DVD support to send my original discs to them to upgrade, I promptly sent this lot - together with a fairly stroppy letter - and am now waiting to see what happens next.
Kaz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I must be about the only person who hasn't had a problem with the DVD's. I got mine from 10th planet.
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaz wrote:
I think I must be about the only person who hasn't had a problem with the DVD's. I got mine from 10th planet.

I had a small a pause in spacefall but that was about it.
Diane G

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Shepherd wrote:
Just a warning here, folks. I sent my first set of discs back to Amazon because they paused on the layer changes. Amazon nicely refunded my money.

Recently, I reordered, and received the discs last week. They did, indeed, have the yellow sticker on the back, and the first disc played perfectly. The second, however, was far worse than the orginal editions, making 'The Web' almost unwatchable.

Lil hi,
would you mind letting me know what make and model your DVD player is as obviously the new discs shouldn't have this problem. As far as I know, all Horizon's customers who had problems with the original set have found the re-issue completely cured the problem so it would be helpful to know what machines may still be having problems, and exactly what happened when you played 'The Web'..
Thanks
- Diane
THE_LIBERATOR
Goatboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picard wrote:
Kaz wrote:

I had a small a pause in spacefall but that was about it.
I got mine from Woolworths & not a flicker, not even the layer transition pause!
Lil Shepherd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Diane G"][quote="Lil Shepherd"]Just a warning here, folks. I sent my first set of discs back to Amazon because they paused on the layer changes. Amazon nicely refunded my money.

..[/quote]
Lil hi,
would you mind letting me know what make and model your DVD player is as obviously the new discs shouldn't have this problem. As far as I know, all Horizon's customers who had problems with the original set have found the re-issue completely cured the problem so it would be helpful to know what machines may [i]still[/i] be having problems, and [i]exactly [/i]what happened when you played 'The Web'..
Thanks
- Diane[/quote]

Hi there, Diane - was happy but startled to find you still sorting B7 out after all these years...

It's a Pioneer 656, which was pretty high-end when I got it, less then two years ago. All the Pioneers have problems, of course.

Basically, the disc came to a head-shot of Blake and then froze. When I tried to jog it, it threw me back to the top menu, and continued to do so, despite judicious use of the scene selection and reverse. There's at least one scene that just won't play. However, that does not appear to be the layer change, because there was a long pause while the machine thought about it a bit later in the episode.

Lil
robbins1940

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried cleaning the disc with a lint free cloth? Remember to wipe from the hub to to the outer edge not in a circular manner.

David
Lil Shepherd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="robbins1940"]Have you tried cleaning the disc with a lint free cloth? Remember to wipe from the hub to to the outer edge not in a circular manner.

David[/quote]

I am not going to dignify that one with a reply, considering the rest of this thread.
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbins1940 wrote:
Have you tried cleaning the disc with a lint free cloth? Remember to wipe from the hub to to the outer edge not in a circular manner.

David

It's quite affective after using ahco wipes on my Doctor Who DVDs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: