Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode C9: SARCOPHAGUS
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Episode C9: SARCOPHAGUS Reply with quote

For some reason the, "SARCOPHAGUS", episode written by, "TANITH LEE" is one, that you either love or, hate!!!

Personally, it's one of my favourites but, seeing some of it actually rehearsed in the BBC tv centre (23rd Jan 1980), TC6 - guess, I'm rather biased.

However, I also like it because, it is very different to the rest of the series and, the only eisode to have no other cast except for the crew of the "LIBERATOR"!!!

SO WHY DOES THIS SPLIT FANS???

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Love This Episode Valentine !!

I Love The Way The Crew Are Portrayed And Wish They Went Deeper Into It.

I Also Find Aside The Character Bit, It's Rather Like An American Sci-fi Episode, Which Works Here Because It's A One Off Accurance, Brillantly Done At The Beginning, And We Get too See Cally's Feelings For Avon.

Speaking of Cally She Made A Fantasic Narcist Villian, Played The Role Better Then She Did Cally.
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the opposite in that I don't like this episode.

I think the reason it splits fans is that it is so different to the rest of Blake's 7. It sticks out like a sore thumb compared with the rest of the show, taking a basic science fiction programme in the world of fantasy. Now, many who like fantasy probably enjoy the excursion and are among the ones who like the episode. Many who don't like fantasy will probably hate the show.

I fall between the two in that I like fantasy - and I also like Tanith Lee's writing - but this episode is just so not B7 that I can't get along with it.
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ORAC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the episode but wouldn't say i loved it - I can take it or leave it, it's nothing out and out special.
RichardWho

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Steve on this one. Basically this is a completely irrelevant story which just got slotted in to B7.

Each season had one or two "Stand Alone" stories but I think S3 had too many. As well as "Sarcophagus" we also had "Dawn of the Gods" and "Ultraworld" as stand alones. Even "City at the Edge of the World" was a bit peripheral though I like that episode.
ORAC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly agree that Series 3 lost out in the Federation battle departments and agree that I would would like to have seen more of that as it did take the series on an excursion that it didn't really recover from until late Series 4.
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! A Sarcophagus thread...

I do like this episode... there's some good dialogue between Avon and Cally, leading up to Cally's apparent feelings for Avon, and Avon's er... well, awareness of that situation at least...

The crew's symbolic alter-egos are fun, and I like the irony that the alien believes in the prophecy as it suits her, even though Avon, her undoing, was part of the prophecy all along... and the priestess at the beginning tries to "deny" the Avon death figure, but they don't have the power over fate that they think they have...

The dreamlike atmosphere works well too IMO, and everyone gets caught up in the dream... except Avon!

I suppose it is a bit of a misfit episode, but I think it's good to have the occasional one of those.
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno! But I do like this episode! I just like it because it's interesting that the creature isn't a god but a con artist! Amoung other things, but it's also different because of the singing in the middle, I think it's sung by Josphen what's her name(Dayna).
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"YES!" - this is the only, episode to have a piece of music sung in it by, "JOSETTE'S" - character, "DAYNA".

This episode also has some of the best, argumentative, dialogue between Avon and, Tarrant in S3 or, S4 pre-"TERMINAL" - with Avon winning in, every sense.

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also see that Dayna can be malicious but sensitive at the same time! Vila has a high IQ, Tarrent is a bit more agressive than later on,(except Moloch), and Avon and Cally fancy eachother supposidly! It's got great music at any rate!
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Think Cally Was Attracted too Avon, I Think Avon Liked Cally Because It Meant He Was Not Alone (A Huge Factor That Attracted Avon too Cally)

They Both Needed Someone, Even If It Wasn't Love, It Was Like Two Good Friends, Occionally There Is A Slight Attraction
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true I don't think it would have worked anyway! But B7 is soppy though so I'm glad the bond was extented any further!
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I Agree, Leave The Romance Stuff too The Likes of Angel & Buffy, Blake's 7 Worked So Well Cause The Main Characters Just Showed Subtle Feelings Towards Each Other.

i.e. Jenna's Jealously When Blake Kisses Inga

Cally & Avon's Close Friendly Relationship With This Extra Bit From This Episode

Tarrant & Danya 1 Off Sleeping Together, Then They Seemed to be Close, As Friends

Tarrant's Aftermath With Servelan

Avon & Servelan's Power/No Trust Respect

It Just Shows That Illusion & Imagenation Work Much Better Then The Full Blown Aspect of Main Characters Getting Together... Then Again Kids Don't Have Imagenations These Days, So I Guess Shows Like Angel & Buffy Need too be Blunt >.<
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and rubbish! Yes I think sci-fi shouldn't have proper romance in it. Personaly I just leave it to the romance books!
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don`t really find this episode satisfying , it`s another `AVON IS SO WONDERFUL` episode , while all the others can only stand in awe of this brilliant genius ! .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: