Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

New Blakes 7 S1 Re-pressing Received
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ORAC

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if these new re-pressed DVDs work well why do we all have to wait so damn long for series 2?

Come on BBC, get to it!
Raven

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my new copy and it works a treat.
nebiroth

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: New Blakes 7 S1 Re-pressing Received Reply with quote

cherbert wrote:
This morning I received my re-pressing of Series 1 of Blakes 7 from Amazon.co.uk

I have not had a great deal of time yet to check the set out thoroughly. However, Spacefall checked out fine! And the layer change was seamless! Either they have got this new technology working fine or they have moved the layer change elsewhere to a more well placed location.

There is a small round yellow sticker on the back of the box which I am guessing would be to highlight the re-pressed sets?

Chris.

Yeah my new set works OK too. The layer change isn't seamless (which is what caused the problems in the first lot); it's moved. They are in different (and better) places. Except in Bounty where it;s right in the middle of someone speaking. It;s been moved out of Orac altogether (who thought it was a good idea to layerchange in the middle of the only episode on disc 5?!). Here are the new layer change points:

Disc 1: Space Fall 28 mins 25 secs
Disc 2: The Web 26 mins 02 secs
Disc 3: Duel 24 mins 08 secs
Disc 4: Bounty 23 mins 27 secs

This indicates to me that they have not just been re-pressed, but re-authored.

Apparently the yellow sticker indicates the new set.
The discs also have new indentity codes stamped on them (these are the numbers on the silver layer, near the middle of the disc, they are quite hard to read).

Also, BBCWW Support have finally admitted to the problem, that it's been fixed,, and will tell you how to get a replacement set. Oh, not publicly though; you have to phone them to find that out. Laughably, on the day the new discs were posted, they were saying they hadn't heard of a re-pressing and the ones being sent were "most likely faulty copies"!!
Oh, and they never did keep their promise to email me back when they heard what was happening.

All in all, a total botch by the parties involved in terms of keeping customer informed. But at least they're put it right!
cooperfbi

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got this e-mail from the BBC:

We are pleased to be able to contact you regarding an update to Blake's Seven
Series 1. We are now sending replacement DVD sets.

Would you please return your set to us at the address below. We recommend that
you use special delivery and on receiving it we will then send you a replacement
set. The address is as follows:

BBC DVD Support
Floor 9
Skypark
8 Elliot Place
Glasgow
G3 8EP.

We will post one out to you as soon as we can; please bear with us as supplies
can run low and we may have to wait a short while before we can resume sending
out new DVDs.

Your customer number is *********

If you need further assistance, please do not respond to this message, instead
call our technical support staff at
the telephone number indicated on your DVD packaging.

Best Regards,
Stephen at BBC Worldwide DVD Support
dvd.support@bbc.co.uk
-----------------------
Replacement information
nebiroth

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORAC wrote:
Well if these new re-pressed DVDs work well why do we all have to wait so damn long for series 2?

Come on BBC, get to it!

Even longer for the rest; BBCShop emailed me to say that Series Four is due out in September 2005! So it;s not just the reauthoring of S1 thats holding things up.

I'd guess marketing has a lot to do with it; they're slowing the releases to maximise sales, same reason we only get six Doctor Who DVD's a year.
ORAC

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nebiroth wrote:
ORAC wrote:

Come on BBC, get to it!

Even longer for the rest; BBCShop emailed me to say that Series Four is due out in September 2005! So it;s not just the reauthoring of S1 thats holding things up.

I'd guess marketing has a lot to do with it; they're slowing the releases to maximise sales, same reason we only get six Doctor Who DVD's a year.

Personally I'm glad they stagger the releases because otherwise it would all be too expensive.

Fair enough the B7 DVDs have been way too long delayed, but I couldn't afford a WHO DVD every month.
Davecabs

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news on the re-issues. I am getting desperate as I refused to rewatch the episodes until I got the re-issued DVD. I'm going to order a new copy straight away, sit down with numerous beers, purchase some chocolate for Concrete and enjoy hours and hours of B7.

Mr-Stabby

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched all of the DVDs in one sitting. I forgot how brilliant Series 1 was! Even the not as good episodes were well worth watching. Can't wait for Series 2, not sure if i'll be able to watch all of that in one sitting though.
Davecabs

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great watching loads of episodes in one sitting. I remember doing it years ago with TNG with a few pals. We watched about 11 or 12 episodes we'd got hold of from America in one day. You feel totally stunned at the end of one of those marathons. I think I'm getting a little too old for these epic escapades.
Mr-Stabby

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never do that if they showed a marathon on Sky One though, the amount of commercial breaks would turn me insane!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: