Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Blakes 7 Season 2 Trailer on DVD - Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr-Stabby

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Blakes 7 Season 2 Trailer on DVD - Question Reply with quote

Asked this on the forum before it crashed, but i'd like to know what the track that is played on the Blakes 7 Season 2 Trailer on the DVD is. If I remember someone told me it was a piece of music off a Dr who soundtrack?
THE_LIBERATOR
Goatboy

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure they said it was a track off this:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Mark_Ayres/Shakedwn.htm

Not sure which one though, you tasteless freak you!
Kevin Davies

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Blakes 7 Season 2 Trailer on DVD - full answer Reply with quote

Hello Folks,

Mr-Stabby and other "tasteless freaks" may like to know that the music I used on the trailer for Series 2 was indeed from the original soundtrack recording of SHAKEDOWN - RETURN OF THE SONTARANS (1995) by Mark Ayres.

The track was #5 "The Storming of Tiger Moth" and you're looking for the last 2 minutes of the track.
The music changes tempo as Travis' grenade explodes. The Sontaran grenade also explodes at that point in the music in SHAKEDOWN.

You might be amused to note that whilst Brian Croucher was seen to throw the grenade in the trailer (a clip from the B7 episode "Pressure Point"), it also happens to be Brian (as Kurt) who took the full force of the explosion in SHAKEDOWN!!

I'm hoping Brian Croucher's fans will get to see an item I'm very fond of called "The Ballad of Travis II" on the Series 2 DVD. And the Series 3 trailer is a real old-fashioned Hollywood epic!
THE_LIBERATOR
Goatboy

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you used decent music this time? Right!
Kevin Davies

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now now. Each to his own.

My friend and colleague Mark Ayres very kindly allowed his music to be used gratis to flog the next lot of DVDs. I thought it did the job nicely.

By the way, the BBC forgot to include his credit (his only stipulation) on either the menus or packaging.

Please see the new thread I've just started.
Mr-Stabby

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each to his own yeh, i really like that track, and i wanna get hold of it damnit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: