Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

STAR TREK every week
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> General Sci-fi and Fantasy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

77. The Savage Curtain

This Weeks episode is ‘The Savage Curtain’ with ten questions.

Does anyone have an idea what the title relates to?

Have we seen the Security Officer, who was introduced to the Enterprise's visitor, before?

After Scotty said “Don’t do it Captain” about beaming down, do you think Kirk might not have gone, if Spock or McCoy had backed Scotty up?

Do you agree with me that it WAS reasonable for such an alien lifeform, having identified the human ideas of good and evil, to want to test them?

Do you, like me, think that it’s good that there are occasionally (the episode Catspaw comes to mind as another example) such aliens in Star Trek that are radically different from the usual humanoids?

Why weren’t any of the four evil characters from Vulcan history (two Vulcans were on the ‘Good’ side)?

Wasn’t it clever of writer Gene Roddenberry to include Sulu and Checkov this time, for their fans who may have been missing them?

Does anyone else think Kirk was given a really tough line to say right with any conviction, near the end: “It was so hard for me to see him die again. I feel I understand what Earth must have gone through to achieve final peace”?

Do you agree that we are to feel here that the Alien reaches the wrong conclusion, “evil and good are the same because you both used the same methods”, because the test was too basic?

Is McCoy the best character this week?
Ron

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

78. All Our Yesterdays

This Weeks episode is ‘All Our Yesterdays’

What I liked about this one was the moment when I realised what the explanation was for the different behaviour of Spock and McCoy when sent back to behave like their ancestors, thousands of years ago. It was a new sort of suspence, and so I feel the writer had achieved something different!
Ron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

79. Turnabout Intruder

This Weeks episode is ‘Turnabout Intruder’

(I haven’t had such a late night since I watched Vincent Price’s ‘The Pit and the Pendulum’!)

Spock is so cool at working it out. As in ‘Court Martial’ and ‘The Deadly Years’ a court scene again seems good in Star Trek. It ends so nonchalantly as they walk into a Starship Enterprise lift;

the rest of their “five year mission” in our imagination.

Do I still want to be Spock? Yes!
AnnaGrant

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend tipped me off that I can watch Start Trek The Original Series every day. CBS Action is showing the whole original series. Its on SKY 148, without subscription.

Today I saw Shore Leave from series 1. All boxes checked-Kirk had had a back massage and a kiss from a beautiful woman before the first break. Later he got most of his shirt ripped off.

Nice plot line for McCoy-he had a secret desire to be a protector of ladies, and ended up arm in arm with 2 bunny girls at the end.
Ron

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't write much about The Menagerie Part 1

(Part I – Spock shocks everyone, and his pre-recorded tapes/discs were a surprise, but he had to be in trouble now. Captain Kirk after him in this pursuit ship!
It’s a case of ‘Out of sight, out of mind’ for Part I I’m afraid, as I’m writing this after just watching Part II.)

so ...

I really enjoyed watching this for a third time now, on Tuesday evening. The view of the landscape on the first planet is very impressive. This is one of the scenes that I think have been 'improved' on some DVD/Blu-Ray releases, but I like to watch the original version as I am having the same experience as viewers when it was first broadcast. Spock is a tremendous character in this one, planning everything meticulously and being totally logical. I don't want to give spoilers but the twists around Spock's actions make for superb TV. There's nice tension between Spock, Kirk and the Commander too, with the admirable Kirk surprising us too. And once again an episode where a court is convened (as in Court Martial etc.) turns out to be very dramatic. I highly recommend The Menagerie part 1! Would be good to hear any views on this one, especially if you have time to just watch it again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> General Sci-fi and Fantasy All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: