Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode A9: Project Avalon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZEN

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boroboy wrote:
Masses to chew on in this episode...
Some observations...
- Travis uses his fave (and maybe only?) plan - get there first and wait
- Avon the nitwit says "We've come at the worst time". Surely the worst conditions would be in the middle of the long cold - not at the beginning. Clearly Avon doesn't get out much. Stick to yer computers, mate!
- Who is being referred to as the "humanoid creatures called subterrons"? I can't be the rebels as they look totally human and hardly "creatures". Maybe the rebels are not native and we simply never see the subterrons? But, then again, why even mention subterrons - they are never referred to again in this whole episode or any other episode.
- B7 Dialog Gem #873: Mutiod: "what if there isn't one in detention?". Travis: "Then detain one."
- This whole "robot as a human" thing raises a few questions.... 1. Why don't the feds ever use this fabulous technology again? 2. Why not replace the stupid, blind and noisy security robots? 3. Doesn't the teleport/liberator/ZEN know what is human and what isn't?
- Travis is realistic and a true professional. He knows the opposition will never and and his response is "However, we shall persevere". Unfortunately he follows this by turning into Basil Exposition and telling Avalon his plan - for the love of Brian, why? He redeems himself later .. he knows Blake well.. "If I know my man" and he's right - only the outcome is not what he wanted. He ultimately underestimates the crew.
- B7 Dialog Gem #109: Vila is "Tired of being indispensable"!!
- I like that our heroes are *wrong*: they think the recently arrived federation ship is there to ship out Avalon.. but really it brings Servelan. Also it takes many tries to find Avalon's cell. Brilliant.
- Servelan is the ultimate politician. She never approves of any plan unless its outcome is certain.
- Excellent plague idea - with its self neutralizing. As with the Avalon robot- a fantastic technology we never see again.
- Blakes "worries" about "Federation troops being highly efficient and well trained...". Who is he kidding? They rarely shoot our heroes and NEVER stop them escaping. Blakes statement goes against all the evidence we have so far.

That'll do for now...

- keep them coming

Quote:
Who is being referred to as the "humanoid creatures called subterrons"? I can't be the rebels as they look totally human and hardly "creatures".
I think its these! ( in the background) We do get to see a close up - their faces are completely covered - no eyes! Avon said they " Live in caves" ! Maybe they dont need "eyes"

http://www.framecaplib.com/b7lib/images/avalon/avaln032.jpg

Quote:
Excellent plague idea - with its self neutralizing. As with the Avalon robot- a fantastic technology we never see again.
Something else that didnt really make much sense!! If the phial really was that dangerous, then why allow Travis to take it out of the box! One slip or a touch to much pressure on the phial and everyone in that room would be dead! As Dayna once said "End of problem!"

nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning.

B7 Episodes watched since January 2017 = 102
boroboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Who is being referred to as the "humanoid creatures called subterrons"? I can't be the rebels as they look totally human and hardly "creatures".
I think its these! ( in the background) We do get to see a close up - their faces are completely covered - no eyes! Avon said they " Live in caves" ! Maybe they dont need "eyes"

I think these are just rebels like Chevner. Underneath the mast to protect from the cold - they are human.
ZEN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boroboy wrote:
Quote:

I think these are just rebels like Chevner. Underneath the mast to protect from the cold - they are human.
So if thats the case, how exactly do they "see"

nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning.

B7 Episodes watched since January 2017 = 102
thunda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boroboy wrote:
Masses to chew on in this episode...
Some observations...
- Travis uses his fave (and maybe only?) plan - get there first and wait
-- - This whole "robot as a human" thing raises a few questions.... 1. Why don't the feds ever use this fabulous technology again? 2. Why not replace the stupid, blind and noisy security robots? 3. Doesn't the teleport/liberator/ZEN know what is human and what isn't?
he knows Blake well.. "If I know my man" and he's right - only the outcome is not what he wanted. He ultimately underestimates the crew.
- - Excellent plague idea - with its self neutralizing. As with the Avalon robot- a fantastic technology we never see again.
- Blakes "worries" about "Federation troops being highly efficient and well trained...". Who is he kidding? They rarely shoot our heroes and NEVER stop them escaping. Blakes statement goes against all the evidence we have so far.

That'll do for now...

I'm not sure of the exact differences between robots, androids, and humanoids but the Federation used something similar in Deathwatch with Vinni. I would think they're not mass produced because of the cost factor and susceptibility to environmental conditions.

I don't think Travis underestimates the crew but rather overestimates the robot's programming.

Federation troopers are still a cut above Strar Wars Troopers.
thunda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I watch this episode the thing that stands out is the temperature of the planet's surface, 120 degrees below zero, I assume that's celcius. I wondered what life would be like on a planet like that which got me to wondering if life on Earth could survive those temperatures which got me wondering if life on Earth, humans in particular, could exist with no sun. Despite what you're thinking the answer is yes, it would be possible. Once we get past the fact that without the sun to orbit the Earth would fly off into space the Earth actually has its own heat radiating from its core but the surface would drop to 0 F (that's Fahrenheit, you convert it) in a week. After a year it would dip to 100, photosynthesis would halt leading to most plants and trees dying within weeks. Naturally animals would follow but humans could survive living in nuclear or geothermal-powered habitats. Other possibilties would be living in submarines in the deepest, warmest parts of the ocean or harnessing volcanic or geyser heat. So theoretically humans can exist without a sun.
RichardWho

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course if we ever master Nuclear Fusion we'd be able make to make an artificial sun.

The above post reminded me of that Dr Who Big Finish Audio in which Sally Knyvette guests as the creator of The Cybermen. The people who become the Cyberman live beneath the surface of Mondas after it gets torn out of earth orbit. Like the Moon in Space 1999.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: