Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

The Walking Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> General Sci-fi and Fantasy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
white afro in space

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just finished watching Season 4. I've gotta say, with emphasis....Wow! Best season yet, by far.

Have I said that about every season thus far? Possibly. But S4 really had something extra going for it. It's as though the creators had taken the time to consider the positives and negatives of previous seasons, what worked and what didn't work so well, and simply cut out the dead weight (pardon the pun).

I really liked the direction they took in the second half of the season. I thought the longer focus on 'individual' stories worked really well. They were able to develop and play out more nuanced and subtle problems, behaviours and relationships. Furthermore, they mostly resisted the temptation to give us 'Let's have a longer look at what makes Daryl tick', and instead just gave us 'Daryl ticking for longer in varied and subtle situations'. For me, it made the show more interesting because it was now more unpredictable.

There is one major blight on the show: the end credits. Thank god for dvd and binge-watching!

On a lighter note, for those who have seen and recall the last episode of season 4, I've though of a bit of a musical number that recalls a particular, very memorable, moment during the episode:

(To the tune of 'Jump' by Van Halen)

Can you see me sittin' here I've got my back against some human disease
I ain't the worst that you've seen,
Can't you see what I meee-eeaan,
Might as well Chomp, Chomp!
Go ahead Chomp.
Go ahead Chomp.
thunda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

white afro in space wrote:
I've just finished watching Season 4. I've gotta say, with emphasis....Wow! Best season yet, by far.

On a lighter note, for those who have seen and recall the last episode of season 4, I've though of a bit of a musical number that recalls a particular, very memorable, moment during the episode:

(To the tune of 'Jump' by Van Halen)

Can you see me sittin' here I've got my back against some human disease
I ain't the worst that you've seen,
Can't you see what I meee-eeaan,
Go ahead Chomp.
Go ahead Chomp.

ZEN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange how watching a series you are enjoying so much, suddenly makes you think of Blake's 7 after so many years.

Take a recent episode of The Walking Dead, a character had been biten and starts seeing & talking to fallen friends and colleagues. I found myself wondering if Blake or indeed any of the crew had experience similar when their time came!

The episode ended with no closing music, just the sound of soil being shoveled into a grave! Now what does that remind you of

nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning.

B7 Episodes watched since January 2017 = 96
thunda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only up to episode 5 at the moment but yes, my favorite shows that involve groups of people usually do remind me of Blake's 7. I also find myself sometimes thinking "how would Blake or Avon handle this?"

All the crew members died so fast I doubt if they got a chance to talk with their former comrades. It's strange when you think about it, usually a character gets a poignant death scene when leaving a show a la Doctor Who.
ZEN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunda wrote:
IAll the crew members died so fast I doubt if they got a chance to talk with their former comrades. I

Gotta say thats debatable ! Whilst not in the slightest religious ! One could live a lifetime at the time of ones demise ! or at the very least , that leading up to that point in time!

ZEN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!

Think we have just met the "Puppeteer's " or Carnell s equivalent of! in The Walking Dead

thunda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoilers below
Beth??!! No. Nooooooooooooooo.
meegat39

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunda wrote:
Spoilers below
Beth??!! No. Nooooooooooooooo.

Well... she did have two scars on her face that looked like big fat caterpillars! no seriously, I was sad when she went too.
ZEN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoilers.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody hell! Just witnessed one of the most gruesome deaths yet of a semi-regular character!

meegat39

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEN wrote:

Bloody hell! Just witnessed one of the most gruesome deaths yet of a semi-regular character!

I'm guessing you mean in the last televised episode? Without mentioning any names...
ZEN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEN wrote:

meegat39 wrote:
I'm guessing you mean in the last televised episode? Without mentioning any names...
Indeed Yes Smiley - it was extreamly graphic dont you think!

meegat39

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEN wrote:
ZEN wrote:

meegat39 wrote:
Indeed Yes Smiley - it was extreamly graphic dont you think!

Yes it was! I must admit though, I thought the last episode was a bit of a filler, 'cus not much happened... looking forward to the next one though
thunda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meegat39 wrote:

Well... she did have two scars on her face that looked like big fat caterpillars! no seriously, I was sad when she went too.

Spoilers

Emily Kinny, the actress who played Beth, was on Talking Dead after her last episode and started crying a few times. She was on the show for nearly four years and became attached to the character as well as her fellow actors/actresses. I never really thought about "death" from the performer's point of view before but she moved to Atlanta, Georgia for shooting and they only give a one episode notice for deaths so she had to deal with her real life as well as try to make her last performance her best.
thunda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEN wrote:
Strange how watching a series you are enjoying so much, suddenly makes you think of Blake's 7 after so many years.

Take a recent episode of The Walking Dead, a character had been biten and starts seeing & talking to fallen friends and colleagues. I found myself wondering if Blake or indeed any of the crew had experience similar when their time came!

The episode ended with no closing music, just the sound of soil being shoveled into a grave! Now what does that remind you of

Just got to watch it. A brilliant send off to a regular character who, in my opinion, never reached the popularity of his comic book version. Nice touch bringing back some of the former actors/actresses of the series, especially those creepy girls.

Now that I've seen it I can picture Gan reliving past events, wondering if he was better off on Cygnus Alpha with Kara.
thunda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

thunda wrote:
white afro in space wrote:
I've just started watching season 3, after having very recently re-watched S1 and 2 as a kind of catch-up. I'm very excited!

I thought the season 2 eps were 'cliffhanger-ey' enough. I always let out a gasp of exasperation when an episode finished. Thanks to dvd tho, I just watch the next ep straight away!

Watching S1 and S2 again, I'm still amazed by the performance of the lead character. I think it was a very brave decision casting him, when the role could have easily, and perhaps more rightfully, gone to an american. I haven't noticed his accent slip at all, and I think he's very different to what we'd expect from an american lead actor. I want to ask others, thunda in particular, what they thought of him.

I think Andrew Lincoln is doing a fine job and am very impressed with him, even so much to say that he carried his co-stars for the first two seasons with their lack of emotion and blank expressions. Season three he gets some help as the rest of the cast step up and some better actors are added. When it comes to comics I believe Americans care about the performance rather than the actor's birth place, i.e. Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Christian Bale. I notice he's the only one to attempt a slight southern accent (Georgia is a Southern State) while everyone else is speaking with northern accents. Also, he looks and sounds completely different when he's doing an interview.

For those of you that like behind the scene stuff and speculation I suggest watching Talking Dead where actors/actresses, writers, directors, special effects people, etc., from this and other shows discuss the current episode.

From what I'ver read, American producers love casting British actors for comic book movie/tv adaptations. They feel that in addition to their tremendous talent they also bring an air of professionalism and seriousness that rubs off on the entire crew.

note : you can add Henry Cavill Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice to the ever expanding list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> General Sci-fi and Fantasy All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: