Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Fan Gathering - Sunday 13th April 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Conventions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clareblues1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Fan Gathering - Sunday 13th April 2014 Reply with quote

Sunday 13th April 2014, 11am to 4pm at Steventon Village Hall, Oxfordshire*

Yes, I know I'm raving mad for organising another event, but the last one was a great deal of fun, so it was irresistible!

This will be a social event for fans to meet up and have a bit of fun and chat about our favourite TV show for a few hours. Oh and we might mention the Galactic War, but we hope to get away with it!

We are also in discussion with Mat Irvine in the hope that we can have a selection of the original models on display, but this will be subject to Mat's other work commitments.

All are welcome to come and join us for as long as you like!
Please do spread the word to your B7 friends/online pals - the more we have the merrier it'll be!

We would like to encourage you to bring along your memorabilia, models, costumes, whatever you have that you're willing to be put on display and share with fellow fans.

As last time we will have a 'bring and swap' table, so if you've got any item of memorabilia etc. that you'd like to give a new home, please bring it along. All we ask is a modest charitable donation in return if you wish to partake. Thank you.

**now for the detail**

1. We will need to make a small charge per person to cover the cost of hiring the hall and any other event costs, but it is hoped to keep this under 10 and any residual funds will be donated to charity. The chosen charity is Macmillan Cancer Support - http://www.macmillan.org.uk

2. If you are intending to bring something to put on display, please can you PM or email me del-tarrant1@hotmail.co.uk and let me know. We need to make sure we've got enough space allocated. Thanks.

3. Eating arrangements - if we've got enough 'helpers' we may be able to offer tea/coffee etc. but there are also 2 pubs a short distance away, plus a CO-OP and a sandwich shop just over the road.

IF ANYONE IS GOOD IN THE KITCHEN AND IS WILLING TO MAKE CAKES/BISCUITS, PLS PM OR EMAIL ME, THANKS.

Website for the venue is here http://www.steventon.info/villagehall.html
*Thanks to fellow fan Fiona for the invaluable assistance with the venue!

Lastly, we look forward to seeing you, no matter how long you've been a fan of B7!
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, sounds interesting

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're hoping to make the day as enjoyable as possible for everyone...will be good if you can join us Futsie

More details will be posted in this thread as and when they're finalised
clareblues1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE 7 DEC

For anyone wishing to stay overnight, there are several B&B's in the village of Steventon and also a Premier Inn relatively close by on the edge of Didcot.

A 'tea lady' has been arranged for the event, so refreshments will be available.

Gary, who some of you may know owns a good collection of original B7 costumes, has kindly agreed to bring along a selection to put on display.

Andy Spencer is also going to bring along costumes and props, while modeller Phil Steven's has offered to display some of his creations.

So a good line up so far!

More updates will be posted as and when we have them available.
clareblues1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE 22 FEBRUARY 2014

Mat Irvine* has said that he should be ok to attend, so we can look forward to seeing a selection of the original models on display.

Tickets are now confirmed as 12 for adults and 5 for children up to 16.

*subject to other commitments*
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd bump this thread coz it's only a few days to go...!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futsie wrote:

Another one that I cant attend bloody 12hr overtime shift that day

nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning.

B7 Episodes watched since January 2017 = 95
meegat39

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futsie wrote:

I'm going Hope to see some of you there.
clareblues1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By way of a round off for this year's event I'd just like to let you all know that a grand total of 160 was donated to Macmillan Cancer Relief.

This is a sterling effort and hopefully next time we'll build on that and help to make a difference to the lives of those affected by Cancer.

I offer my thanks to everyone who attended, helped out and otherwise contributed to a fantastic event that really would not have happened without your support.
pickle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clareblues1 wrote:
By way of a round off for this year's event I'd just like to let you all know that a grand total of 160 was donated to Macmillan Cancer Relief.

This is a sterling effort and hopefully next time we'll build on that and help to make a difference to the lives of those affected by Cancer.

I offer my thanks to everyone who attended, helped out and otherwise contributed to a fantastic event that really would not have happened without your support.

Oh you collected for Cancer relief? That's really nice.
clareblues1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pickle...yes...all these events are run as non-profit making, charitable events. The main objective is to have a fun day for fans of B7 and make a bit of money for charity while we're about it
MagnusGreel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad these things still go on. I once ducked my head briefly into a Scorpio con near Chicago, saw Gareth Thomas at the other end of a crowded room... they never had another one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Conventions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: