Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Defunct Forum!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are we really now defunct?
Yes - we have been for awhile
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No - we are ticking over, keeping the heart of the forum warm
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
It would help if the main forum page was updated
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
If the forum is now as"defunct" has the poster suggested; Why was it suggested at all?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

ZEN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Defunct Forum! Reply with quote

The following post recently appeared on the Horizon web site!

Quote:
"At the Bristol Beer and B7 last Saturday, the idea of a possible Birmingham Meet Up was discussed. In the past members of the now largely defunct Louise & Simon forum met up at Birmingham on a number of occassions"

So, the simple questions to be answered are -

nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning.

B7 Episodes watched since January 2017 = 81
meegat39

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Defunct Forum! Reply with quote

ZEN wrote:
The following post recently appeared on the Horizon web site!

Quote:
"At the Bristol Beer and B7 last Saturday, the idea of a possible Birmingham Meet Up was discussed. In the past members of the now largely defunct Louise & Simon forum met up at Birmingham on a number of occassions"

So, the simple questions to be answered are -

Well I voted for C, because getting the forum page updated may help to attract new members?? I don't believe this forum is defunct however.
thunda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for B, because the Topics seem to be getting lots of views but our members just aren't posting like before. I also agree with meegat39, the forum page needs to be updated before the new Blake's 7 is aired.
Ron

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for B too; hope to participate again soon.
RichardWho

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the original post on Horizon, because this forum is only a shadow of what it once was. Many of the people who used to post seem to have just teleported away. I suppose the advent of sites like Facebook, Twitter etc are part of the reason.

We also used to have lots of meet ups but only the Bristol one still happens.
Ron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use Facebook myself but I think that social websites have affected things on forums. Another one that I am on, The Avengers Fan Forum, has been quieter for the last year or so.

It's good here that there's a discussion thread for every Blakes 7 episode that can be picked up any time; this forum is well organised!
THE DOCTOR ALT 8

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOPE still coming here... still posting... still yeh know...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pna

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still check regularly but dont post much these days. I've been to a couple of meetings and conventions but I now live a bit too far away so its difficult with my kids. I think a lot of the traffic on the site previously was largely down to one person (BC).
AnnaGrant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While enough people post on the forum and it remains operational then it is not defunct.

However it is certainly very quiet.

I think more people lurk than post, which is what I have been doing from time to time.

Hello again.
SHARPBLUE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down & Safe

Visit me at www.mkeen.f9.co.uk & about.me/markkeen
boroboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose people could be busy with other priorities... particularly ways to spend time waffling on the internet.
I agree with other comments that there are lots of folks reading - but not many posting.
Some previously busy sections of the forum have gone much quieter recently, e.g., the daily trivia (looking at you, ZEN - but maybe we could change the format by encouraging more people to post questions - but someone has to track all the responses and do the scoring.).
I think in the episode discussion it could be that members have said all they are going to say about a particular episode (not that I share that POV - if there is one thing I like above all else about B7 is that its inconsistencies, plotting and characterization/dialogue always leave lots of room for discussion - its jut NOT all black and white).
Are there other on-line places that have captured some of the B7 discussions?
boroboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy with a forum where only a few people reply - particularly as this forum is thoughtful and free of the madness that infests the rest of the internet. We don't need hundreds of contributors to each conversation for the forum to be successful - at least for me. Also, I often enjoy browsing others conversations. There is still masses to talk about for B7. I just posted a bunch of ideas on Project Avalon in the episode discussion section. Teleport over there and let me know what you think!
ZEN

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boroboy wrote:
I suppose people could be busy with other priorities...
"Confirmed" - change of jobs again - now back in uniform

Quote:
Some previously busy sections of the forum have gone much quieter recently, e.g., the daily trivia (looking at you, ZEN
Fair comment boroboy, have been busy elsewhere! Ive got a stock-pile of questions, just not the time to keep you lot busy

Quote:
- but maybe we could change the format by encouraging more people to post questions - but someone has to track all the responses and do the scoring.).
Anyone like this idea? Might take the pressure of this one's old brain-cells I dont mind keeping track of the score-board, provided the questions posed remain B7 aired episode related only !

nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning.

B7 Episodes watched since January 2017 = 81
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: