Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode A7: Mission to Destiny (formerly A7 Giant Mushroom)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlakNo1

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched this one last night, first B7 ep I've watched in almost a year, great fun.
Richard1978

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until someone pointed it out I would never noticed the fluff when Blake closes the vent, I must have assumed it was due to the effects of the gas.

This episode is the first of 2 apperence of John Leeson, the primary voice of Dr Who's K9.
white afro in space

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fun episode with more 'squeaks' than you can poke a microphone at. 'Meticulous?'..... squeak!

However one thing has been bugging me. Given that the Ortega could only fly blind after it was repaired, why didn't someone suggest that the Liberator 'tow' or lead the Ortega to Destiny? They could fly at the Ortega's top speed and the Liberator could scan for any trouble, enscure a clear run AND the crew of the Ortega wouldn't have to have given up their precious cargo.
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

white afro in space wrote:
This is a fun episode with more 'squeaks' than you can poke a microphone at. 'Meticulous?'..... squeak!

However one thing has been bugging me. Given that the Ortega could only fly blind after it was repaired, why didn't someone suggest that the Liberator 'tow' or lead the Ortega to Destiny? They could fly at the Ortega's top speed and the Liberator could scan for any trouble, enscure a clear run AND the crew of the Ortega wouldn't have to have given up their precious cargo.

Because Terry Nation was very tired by that point!!
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cockroach Boy
Quote:
white afro in space
Quote:

Quote:
Because Terry Nation was very tired by that point!!

"Well now," - Tired or, not this apparently was TERRY'S favourite episode (one of my first season favourites too.) Avon fits into SHERLOCK HOLMES' shoes kinda nicely!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've mentioned this before, but I never felt the design on this episode did the script justice. The set are horrible flats and the costumes are very generic too. I would much rather this episode had had the sameart deco as the similarly themed Robots of Death.
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Sonheim and his little difference of opinion with Levett was mentioned on the Trivia Question thread...

ZEN wrote:
boroboy wrote:

Now, that was an interesting group of people to have together on a spaceship. Even bitchier than the Liberator crew!

Indeed

"I was asleep in my quarters"

"Would anybody else have seen you there?"

"Why should anyone else bother"

"There are worse things than being alone, Sonheim. Being with you is one of them"

Brilliant come-back

(link to the post the quote is from: http://www.blakes-7.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=344335#344335 )

...I just wondered if Sonheim had previously attempted to "apologise to" (i.e. chat up ) Levett the way he did with Cally, and been rebuffed, hence the above exchange...?

On a separate note (think I've mentioned this before) I have a series 1 DVD box from Holland which has English episode titles, but this episode is listed as "Mission to Destination" !
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I accidentally started another thread with the above post... So I've re-posted it on here and then this was Thunda's response from t'other thread:

thunda wrote:
I agree, Futsie, Sonheim does seem to have "spoiled grapes" syndrome . I thought it a bit odd for Blake to even pose the question the way he did, when he didn't ask Grovane if anyone saw him in the communications room.
"I was in the communications center trying to make repairs. I remember feeling very drowsy, that's about all. And my name's Grovane. [shrugs] That's all."

Also, I've always wondered why Blake went to the trouble of teleporting back to the Destiny ship and rigging an explosive charge instead of just having Liberator destroy the hostile craft. Kendall stated how the cost of the neutrotope bankrupted their economy, I would think they couldn't afford to lose a spaceship.

By the way, there is a non-official Mission to Destiny thread buried on page five under the title A7 Giant Mushroom.

Last edited by Futsie on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunda wrote:
Also, I've always wondered why Blake went to the trouble of teleporting back to the Destiny ship and rigging an explosive charge instead of just having Liberator destroy the hostile craft. Kendall stated how the cost of the neutrotope bankrupted their economy, I would think they couldn't afford to lose a spaceship.

That's true... It would make more sense if he teleported aboard the Ortega and asked Avon and Cally what was going on, found out more about the murders etc and THEN decided to mine the entry hatch... That would mean he didn't want to destroy the other craft until he knew more about the situation. But he didn't do that, he just turned up (to Avon and Cally's apparent surprise) and then went off to booby trap the hatch without even telling anyone what he was up to!

I suppose it did lead to a certain poetic justice that it was the greed of the other ship's crew that led to their own demise when Sara presumably opened the hatch for them to come aboard...

I hadn't thought about the value of the ship (I guess ships are ten a penny when it comes to getting blown up in sci-fi shows, although I bet the special effects crew don't see it that way!) but I agree with you there... It only needed a new "ison crystal"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: