Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode C6 : CITY AT THE EDGE OF THE WORLD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichardWho

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet by season 4 Vila was wishing he had gone with her - I think by then he was yearning for the quiet life!
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By Seaso 4 he probably wished he'd settled down with the Decima
Ron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kerril had let him call the planet Vilaworld he might have gone!
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They probably ended up calling it Norlworld!!
Ron

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and all his people might disturb Vila and Kerril!
Ron

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turned out Avon was right about Tarrant taking a big risk with Vila's life, so Tarrant probably feels embarrased to say the least. That would explain why Avon is able to decide where to go in the next episode.
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definetly the funniest episode ever!. Michael Keating gives his best peformance of the series. He's funny, shifty, crafty, cowardly and thoroughly likable. Everything that makes Vila such a popular character is in this story. I'm sure one of the reasons Tarrant gets such a bad press is 'cos of the way he picks on him at the start.

Colin Baker gives a terrific peformance as the mad-as-a-hatter Baban. Such a shame they killed him off, it would be great if they had given Vila a re-curring enemy who was as obsessed with him as Travis was with Blake. John Carney is very funny as Sherm - the way he says 'garbage' makes me laugh every time.

One of the best episodes.
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vila blew a shag though !
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE wrote:
Vila blew a shag though !

They shagged on the spaceship!!
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah , forgot - sorry !
Tim Squad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Episode C6 : CITY AT THE EDGE OF THE WORLD Reply with quote

SpaceCommanderTravis wrote:
Just wondered what people thought about this. I like this episode alot cause its one where Vila gets alot of screen time and also I think there are a few comic moments in it too. Its also has pre Doctor Who Colin Baker as a rather hammy but enjoyable villain as Bayban. Carol Hawkins as Kerril who looks quite sexy in that outfit and an excellent performance from Doctor Who Black Guardian Valentine Dyall as Norl .

Really like this series 3. I'm more familiar with the first 2 series and only saw this one once. The new characters are very refreshing and the story's look good. I guess the Jarvik/Servalan interaction -ep 5- may be inspired by westerns and that Jarvik is meant to be some kind of outlaw, 'manhandling' the stroppy Servalan. If Jarvik was played by a Clint Eastwood though he may have been more appealing.
Ep 4 looked like the story of Journey into Space -SciFi radio play- put into a 50 minutes episode. Orac seems to become like an independent character but strangely enough he is not credited where Zen is! This episode with Vila in the lead was really great. Hope to see more of that. The beginning of ep 3 was a bit dull but apparently thats down to the writer Allan Prior?
MagnusGreel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keating requested a strong story for Vila, because he was getting concerned that his kids were watching him as a sort of possibly weak, coward character every week. It really works. I just watched this stretch again, and it was a real relief to see the greatness come back (because of Chris Boucher), after a brutal set of three, Volcano, Dawn of the Gods, and Harvest of Kairos, which I think is the show's worst period, especially that middle one.

It starts out with real exploration of these relative strangers coming to grips with each other. This time around, I wasn't sure if Tarrant was talking about dumping Vila at the next safe planet, or in space. I tend to think it's space. I much prefer semi-thug Tarrant to Robin-Hood-ish young heartthrob Tarrant. This is exactly the way some new guy might choose to deal with someone like Vila. What other series would ever have shown us a scene like that, between main characters?

Vila/Keating's great, and has no problem owning the episode. Nice to see there are
some circumstances where he'll talk back to people aiming blasters at him... Colin Baker's funny, but I can't buy him as a violent, dangerous criminal. He just loves to talk so much (over-enunciating every evil syllable with relish), that I can't picture him ever doing anything.

Kerril definitely looked better in her smelly leather thing...

I'm not sure why the mass migration was supposed to solve these people's problem, which was that they were falling back into barbarism and losing their technology, I thought. Won't they all be ignorant of those things still, but in a different place?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: