Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Torchwood Miracle Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> General Sci-fi and Fantasy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Torchwood Miracle Day Reply with quote

The new series of Torchwood starts Thursday 14 July. Preview here:

http://www.suite101.com/content/torchwood-miracle-day-sf-show-returns-to-bbc-for-fourth-series-a378675
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard the trailer on the radio.... sounds good
Rojblake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out on my lunch break yesterday in Boston, and there were 25 to 30 people wearing white masks walking two by two down the street. They were also carrying placards with a picture of Captain Jack and Gwen?? and others saying "who will save us" and "Miracle Day". they were getting quite a few odd looks from people I can tell you and I had to do a double take. I was not expecting to see that.
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It starts tonight
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rojblake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else think that Miracle day was a huge dissapointment?
ZEN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rojblake wrote:
Anyone else think that Miracle day was a huge dissapointment?

On the whole I did

NB: I also think they could have used an extra twist to the ending!! After Rex Matheson had been shot 'dead'. They could have had him later coming back to life in his coffin, just as he/his coffin was just about to be cremated at his funeral . Rather ironical given the nature of the series. Alas, it probably just means we now have an American version of Captain Jack, wonder how long it'll be before a US spin-off of Torchwood happens

nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning.

B7 Episodes watched since January 2017 = 96
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed it and found it quite compelling viewing! I watched the first 7 episodes all in one go by staying up half the night, and then watched episode 8 the next day, then 9 and 10 together a week or so later!

The only bit I thought was disappointing was the final showdown scene where they all just stood around blurbing tons of exposition to explain all the plot threads... The drama and tension ebbed away and it sounded more like a bunch of half-asleep actors doing a script read-through (not that the way the scene was written gave them much opportunity to make it sound like anything else I suspect).

But anyway, apart from that, I thought it was a good series

I liked the little epilogue at the end but yeah, they should have gone with Zen's idea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not watched them all yet but it is like each episode is a completely different show. They are stringing it out way too long and quite frankly were we supposed to care about Gwen's dad or Rex? Or be horrified at that doctor when she was roasted?

The show, for me, really suffered by being "Americanized". It was never 10 hours worth of television, though I will watch the last three episodes, I have spend 7 hours on it so another 3 is no big deal.

Season three of Torchwood was so good this one was never going to live up to its billing.

Bring Torchwood back to the UK, if not then it is going to be a poor mans version of The X-Files!!!!!
SHARPBLUE

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a big pile of tosh where Russell T Davis gets to 'Gay Up" big style on TV. Utter rubbish. The story was weak, too long and drawn out, the characers didn't really have any substance. Barrowman wore far too much makeup, as did the ginger American (though she was nice ) - it was the long drawn out death rattle of someone dying of terminal flatulence - to coin a phrase. I hope they don't do another one.

1/10

Visit me at www.mkeen.f9.co.uk & about.me/markkeen
AnnaGrant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TW Miracle Day has been required viewing in my house- well for me and my son- but watched with a more critical eye than the previous series.

Agree that it has been too Americanised, and Rex and Esther just haven't had the quirkiness of past TW members.

If we have more TW I would want it to be Cardiff based, and with discrete stories that last one episode. I suppose I could cope with a bit of a story arc-but not too much so that it ends up like the current series of Doctor Who.

I'm a bit bored of great revelations. I think I've been desensitised by RTD.

But I've enjoyed seeing Eve Myles doing her Action Woman slightly unhinged thing. I'm sure she's not what the average American viewer expected.
Rojblake

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This review at the Guardian and the comments that follow is pretty intersting:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2011/sep/01/have-you-been-watching-torchwood
pna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharpblue pretty much said it for me.

The last Torchwood with the children was good but this one was, for me, far too drawn out and the extended gay scene was repulsive. Russell T Davis should not be allowed on TV! Frankly I'm surprised it got the funding - it wasnt good value for money TV IMO.
Rojblake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided not to bother watching the last three episodes.

I almost gave up on the new series of Dr Who as quite frankly splitting the season up just has not worked and the story arc has got so disjointed I have no idea what the heck is going on.
pna

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read the 1st page of comments from the Guardian - some very rude (but funny) points of view.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> General Sci-fi and Fantasy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: