Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

THINGS MUST BE BAD ON HERE!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this forum losing steam!!
NO - just needs more people posting, not just reading
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
YES - as been for awhile
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
JUST keep on shoveling, most of us pitch in
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
I'll just sit back and read
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

KevinD

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could be more about the nature of the boards, ie discussing TV shows, there are other forums where that is not the case, the Eagle Transporter Forum is very busy (deals with models) and lots of postings are from men (mainly in fact), my wife is a moderator on The Acoustic Guitar Forum and again, a lot of the postings there are from men.
AnnaGrant

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Torchwood site is almost unbearably busy-I'm sure its largely fuelled by hormones. There are lots of teenagers and younger folks posting on there. They also have the advantage over us on B7 that their programme is still in production.

They are currently working themselves up to the broadcasting of the new Torchwood series, filmed partly in the US and produced in collaboration with an American network.

I'll be looking into it myself, being a bit of a Captain Jack fan.
Mary Lou Jensen

Location: Bowels of a disused space station with Hudson (shoot me now!)

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I ran the B7 club, there seemed to be far more women than men about - or maybe just more women willing to pay out for postage and stuff, I dunno.

The board's I've seen recently have been about shows from the 80s, and most of the posters are about my age (maybe like 10 years younger).

I can understand there being more men willing to admit to making models than women - cultural image and all that, but guitar.....not sure why men would be more willing to discuss playing the guitar than women (wish I could play but I'm rubbish at it )

I loe Torchwood too - not sure on the new series though, they killed all the characters I like (except Jack) and left me with Gwen!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes TW had its own cull of characters, though not on such a scale as B7.

Jack works best with Ianto to 'bounce' off ( sorry, that looks a bit suspect) but it makes Jack's character more interesting. Also is Jack about to become the new lonely tortured soul, like David Tennant's Doctor, harbouring the weight of guilt for sacrificing his grandson?

Concerns too about the American angle in the new series because part of the TW charm is its Welshness.

But will still watch!
Mary Lou Jensen

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnnaGrant wrote:
Yes TW had its own cull of characters, though not on such a scale as B7.

Jack works best with Ianto to 'bounce' off ( sorry, that looks a bit suspect) but it makes Jack's character more interesting. Also is Jack about to become the new lonely tortured soul, like David Tennant's Doctor, harbouring the weight of guilt for sacrificing his grandson?

Concerns too about the American angle in the new series because part of the TW charm is its Welshness.

But will still watch!
Yes I liked Jack bouncing off Ianto too - and I mean that in a comic sense. Ianto was such a straight lace type of character it was great to see hi develope a sense of humour (no matter what you say about this guy it keeps sounding a little suspect!!)

I always thought that Jack was a pretty tortured soul anyway, and yes the American angle bothers me too - but like you, will still watch it

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't post often, but I still check everyday

But yeah, since BC departed there is a lot less posting going on, but its nice to see some of the more recent members actually talking about B7 for a change!
THE DOCTOR ALT 8

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hay I sometimes talk about B 7..... sometimes.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mary Lou Jensen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to, but I don't seem to get too much reaction at times Maybe everything that can be said has been said.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to post a bit more...but life really is gettin in the way at the moment...when things have calmed down a bit i will return properly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: