Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Is Star Trek dead?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> General Sci-fi and Fantasy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Star Trek dead
Yes
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
No
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Might come back, but shouldn't
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

Tharn

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Not death, re-incarnation Reply with quote

They should change they way they re-animate the same old plots by taking a non federation starting point.

Something based on the insidious Sloan's section, or maybe go a bit andromeda with a post federation series, after all they avert far to may disasters in the last 5 minutes or episode of the series.

Enterprise suffered captain problems, some one should tell sam what to do so he could make the leap home and vacate for some one with charisma and actiong abilitty.

damn, put this in the wrong place, sorry..
Tharn

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some one please tell sam what to do, so that he can make the leap home and leave a space for a qualified captain with some acting skills and charisma.
Cats

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted no on this one because there is a homepage story
on aol about Paramount discussing a new movie with those
responsible for new Mission Impossible sucess.
Guess these MI3 people are magicians or miracle workers
THE_LIBERATOR
Goatboy

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tharn wrote:
Some one please tell sam what to do, so that he can make the leap home and leave a space for a qualified captain with some acting skills and charisma.

Glad you signed up THARN
plutonium zeppelin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted 'no' because it isn't and I think it sets some sort of benchmark and continuity.

having said that I hate the way that it is so PC and yet at the same time where is the 50:50 black and white mix of people, where are the gay people?

In Startrek you are either a good guy or a bad guy, no in between, no anti-heros no rebels. The robots and holograms in the series are as close as you get to anti-heros as they behave logically even if it is un-PC.

It is supposed to be an advanced society but is there even any hint that it is democratic?

I rate Voyager the highest out of NG and DS9 as they are forced into the position of being rebels, fighting to get back to Earth.
Bauhaus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked TOS, though it was crappy, but in a hilarious sort of way.
TNG and Voyager were imo the best ST series, since they kept the spirit of the original series: 'to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and civilizations...'. But I have to admit the last seasons were of a lesser quality, especially the Voyager eps. with the Borg children. It became more of a soap serie, sort of 'The Borg and the Beautiful'.
DS9 didn't appeal to me, I watched the first season and thought it was boring, though I heard it gets interesting with the Dominion War.
And Enterprise, well .... least said, soonest mended. And it prolly had the most crappy ending of a sci-fi serie ever.

The thing about ST that annoyed me most is that the characters always have to act in a morally good way and everything has to be politically correct. Its like 'plutonium zepelin' says, they are either good or bad characters, there is no in between.
And the most annoying thing is without a doubt that Prime Directive, they cant be involved in the natural evolution of 'less evolved species'.
'less evolved species'....the arrogance ! I remember there was a TNG episode where they encountered a planet whose inhabitants all were going to die, cos of natural occurences on the planet. But Picard didn't want to save them cos it would violated the Prime Directive. I mean, who would give a damn about 'natural evolution' if all the inhabitants were going to die anyway ?!

If they were gonna make a new serie, it shouldn t be with a regular ST crew but with other species or with renegades, smugglers, etc...
And they certainly should omit the Prime Directive.
"A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back, he's really going to want to see a f*** cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a sniper rifle pendant..." - Bill Hicks -
BlakNo1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've said here before, I wish The US would follow the Prime Directive.
Mary Lou Jensen

Location: Bowels of a disused space station with Hudson (shoot me now!)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New movie is in post production now I think. And though I hate to say this, I actually LIKE the latest ST offering.....I SO fought against liking it but it was the new Spock.....he was SO original Spock.....

Love Original Trek, and it still works for me

Next Gen - first 5 episodes had me gagging because they were recycled scripts. Jon Luc won me over

DS9 - ................

Voyager - good until it became the 7of9 show, still haven't seen the last episode even though I have the whole lot on disk

Enterprise - Oh my god my favourite, so much so I wrote a 608 page book about it (now being adapted into a much shorter original story because no publisher will deal with Paramount).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> General Sci-fi and Fantasy All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: