Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Pressure Point

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Pressure Point Reply with quote

There doesn't seem to be a thread for Pressure Point so I thought I'd start one.

Trouble with this episode is that everything of interest - Gan dying, the revelation about control - seems to happen in the last ten minutes. So the previous fourty minutes are a bit hard to get excited about!

Still, here goes...

The scenes with Servalan (now routinely being refered to by name by everyone) and Kasabi are very good indeed and offer more insight into the Supreme Commanders background. Her ambiguous reaction to Kasabi's child seems to foreshadow the twisted maternal instincts she showed in Children of Auron.

The explanation for Avon agreeing to along with Blake's plan are interesting but it seems there's more to it than simple greed. His mockery of Blake is never more cutting than when he slow claps him, but he also seems to understand him better than the others. Avon is the first to suspect that Blake is lying.

Everything still comes back to the finale though and it is undoubtadly very clever. Gan dies basically because Blake wanted to break into an empty room. If the intention was to shake up the audience then it certainly succeded. Especially as for first time viewers, this must have initially seemed like just another run around.

Last edited by Cockroach Boy on Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rojblake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be a pain but can you change the title to fit the other episode discussions.
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done!
Rojblake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks old bean
Rojblake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this episode. The gang running across the field to get to the door was something that always stuck in my mind.

Also, I got a question right in an RE test at school 'cause of Pressure point. Question: Define the meaning of a Church
Answer: A Place of religious gathering (as supplied by Blake to Gan)
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those military uniforms of the rebels are just plain silly -talk about making yourselves so obvious !
dave

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who guessed Gan was going to die the first time they watched it?

An ex of mine I introduced the show to blurted out "hey is Gan going to die?" around the Church scene. They lay on the Gan lines quite heavily compared to his previous outings.
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone seems to think that Gan died for nothing, because Control was empty. However, in military terms, the information was very valuable, because it would mean no more lives would be lost as no doubt Blake would have spread the word that Control was in fact a lure. And if he didn't, Veron certainly would.
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janov Seldon wrote:
Everyone seems to think that Gan died for nothing, because Control was empty. However, in military terms, the information was very valuable, because it would mean no more lives would be lost as no doubt Blake would have spread the word that Control was in fact a lure. And if he didn't, Veron certainly would.

I've never thought of it like that. Yes, I suppose his death did achieve something. It's quite archetypal really, the 'gentle giant' and 'loyal friend' dying to save his friends.

It could certainly be argued that the events here set both Blake and Travis on the path to Star One. There's quite a theme running through Blake of quests that lead nowhere isn't there? Blakewanted to destrOy computer control but ended up trying to protect it against the Andromedans. Servalan only got the Liberator when it was dying.And of course the rebellion starts and ends with a roomfull of corpses.

In a way this episode is a microcosm of the bleak themes running thru the series as a whole.
Ron

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave wrote:
Who guessed Gan was going to die the first time they watched it?

An ex of mine I introduced the show to blurted out "hey is Gan going to die?" around the Church scene. They lay on the Gan lines quite heavily compared to his previous outings.

I didn't suspect it. When he says "I'm a bit out of condition" in the Church I probably put it down to him having the limiter. He's physically the strongest and everyone on the Liberator likes Gan so it comes as a bit of a shock.
Richard1978

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How was Blake going to destroy Central Control if it was there? None of them seemed to have any explosives with them.
Servalans Hair

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poor gan
white afro in space

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard1978 wrote:
How was Blake going to destroy Central Control if it was there? None of them seemed to have any explosives with them.

I thought Avon was going to install Windows ME on the system. Who needs explosives?
Turnidus
Demon Driver

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

white afro in space wrote:
Richard1978 wrote:

I thought Avon was going to install Windows ME on the system. Who needs explosives?

You've just made me spill my coffee I laughed so much!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Avon in this episode. In a strange way I think he has the moral highground.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: