Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Why I dislike Season 3!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hey Bevis, what do you think of season 3?"

"it sucks! " "HUH HUH HUH HUH HEE HEE HEE!"

BlakNo1

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Shut up, fartknocker. Sarcophagus is on!"
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see intellectual debate is still alive and well on the forum!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beavis Y Butthead are the height of American intellectualism!!!
dave

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEN wrote:
I dont dislike Every series has its good and bad points, the 3rd series was no exception.

Yes.

I can pick personal highs and lows of every season which is why I can never say "season X was the worst".

I generally say 2 and 3 were consistently the best, but 1 and 4 have enough highpoints to make me question that decision sometimes.
Rojblake

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just started watching season three again, the first time in YEARS, and must say the first two episodes, all I have re-watched so far, I quite excellent.

Dayna and Tarrant's introductions were very strong and the characters certainly were interesting and with tons of potential. Powerplay laid the groundwork down very well for Servalan's future struggle with getting the Federation back to an all powerful entity. Her own personal struggle with becoming President almost as difficult as the current Presidential campaign in the States

With Star One being destroyed raises the questions of if Blake had destroyed it and had not had to deal with an invasion to fight off, would he have been able to take over from the Feds? I would argue not considering that they were still in power, much reduced but still fundamentally strong, without Star One. What was Blake's next move after destroying Star One? Returning to Earth? I am not sure that would really have got him very far as it was the outer worlds that the Federation was having major problems with keeping at that point. Earth would have been as strong for them as ever it was, perhaps even more so. Perhaps even stronger than it had ever been on Earth, while it re-built and re-organized to re-capture those outer worlds.

Avon in season three it was almost like he was trying to re-find and re-define himself after the years he had just spent with Blake. Not sure really where his direction lay, other than wanting control of the Liberator, which he now had, he did not really know what he wanted to do with it. Perhaps if he had had a crew that were easy to control then he would have been happy but with Dayna, Tarrant, and Cally all being so independent he perhaps wished he was still the clear number 1 behind Blake's leadership. Rather than being a weak leader constantly looking over his shoulder. Once Avon realized that he needed Blake and the only way to be free of Blake was to find him, start fighting the Federation with him or without Blake, as their destruction was linked with freeing himself from Blake's shadow. Avon's killing of Blake on GP was another form of freeing himself from the prison he found himself in (needing Blake to help him destroy the Federation so that he could be free of them both) and believing that the Federation could not be destroyed meant he would never be free of Blake. And his deliberate action of killing Blake on GP was all that was left to him. Avon came to the conclusion that death was a better option than being in the none stop agony of never being free to do what he wanted and being free from Blake's influence.
Moggy

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season three has one redeeming feature: boring old Blake isn't in it (except right at the end).
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moggy
Quote:
Season three has one redeeming feature: boring old Blake isn't in it (except right at the end).

"Well now," - I totally agree with your comments on that score!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was called BLAKES 7, not AVONS 7 -when the main man went so did the reason for the programme in the first place - it became a diff series for me and not as good, especially in the story telling!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: