Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Favourite Second Doctor Companion?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is Your Favourite Second Doctor Companion
Polly
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Victoria
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Zoe
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

hobgoblin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Favourite Second Doctor Companion? Reply with quote

Who is your favourite companion for the second doctor? Vote on acting abilities, endearing characters or purely on looks!
RichardWho

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Zoe as she wins on all counts. I think her high spot is trashing the IE computer in "Invasion" and then blowing up all the Cybermens shuttle crafts!

Polly was just eye candy though she's quite strong in "The Highlanders" - it's a pity that story only exists on audio as she managed to duff up a redcoat in it. Anneke Wills is a nice person and recently visited GLoucester to have a drink with the Gloucester branch of the Dr. Who Apreciation Society

Victoria was just a screamer, though in real life Debbie Watling is a lovely lady who does a good impersonation of Anne Robinson. (At one Dimension con we had celebrity weakest link with Debbie being Anne Robinson.)
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie!
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben!! Tasty
wombat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd second the nomination of Ben.

(swoon)

That having been said, Wendy "Zoe" Padbury is a great actress and brings such a lovely sense of fun to what could be a painfully serious role - mind you, I think Anneke "Polly" Wills is one of the most beautiful actresses ver to appear on the show.
hobgoblin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardWho wrote:
I voted for Zoe as she wins on all counts. I think her high spot is trashing the IE computer in "Invasion" and then blowing up all the Cybermens shuttle crafts!

Polly was just eye candy though she's quite strong in "The Highlanders" - it's a pity that story only exists on audio as she managed to duff up a redcoat in it. Anneke Wills is a nice person and recently visited GLoucester to have a drink with the Gloucester branch of the Dr. Who Apreciation Society

Victoria was just a screamer, though in real life Debbie Watling is a lovely lady who does a good impersonation of Anne Robinson. (At one Dimension con we had celebrity weakest link with Debbie being Anne Robinson.)

Victoria was so cute, though! Her introduction reminds me of Joanna in the musical version of Sweeney Todd, trapped in the locked room, feeding the birds free of their cages, whilst singing the "Green Finch and Linnet Bird" song!

Zoe reallyis an essential girl of the 1960s, though, spunky and more assertive than her predecessors. This is paradoxical as she is obviously meant to be from the future. Great in miniskirts, too.
hobgoblin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the lyrics:

http://people.deas.harvard.edu/users/students/Rebecca_Hwa/lyrics/sondheim.htm

Sondheim based the musical on a version of the Todd myth written in the 1970s, so perhaps the imagery of Vicfeeding the birds was an influence. Either way, it is lovely symbolsim.

Also, according to Wikiepdia, a new Sweeney film is being made, starring Johnny Depp as the eponymous serial killing barber.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Doctor Who All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: