Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Season 1 DVD Easter Eggs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Season 1 DVD Easter Eggs Reply with quote

Disc 1 - No easter eggs.
Disc 2 - Go to Scene Selection for the second Episode "The Web". There's an extra button on the control panel (you get there by highlighting the first scene and then pressing "up").
Disc 3 - Go to Scene Selection for the third Episode "Project Avalon". There's an extra button on the control panel.
Also, if you go to Settings on that disc and switch both the commentary and subtitles on, leave the Settings menu on for a minute and you'll get another.
Disc 4 - Go to Scene Selection for the third Episode "Deliverance". There's an extra button on the control panel.
Disc 5 - No easter eggs.
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Simon Simmons

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except that the eggs don't seem to be accessible on the remastered discs. I'm happy to be proved wrong on this, but I've tried my set on four different players, and none of them allow me to access the eggs.

I know they're there, because I can see them if I use DVD-Shrink. I've been able to rip them, and put them on a separate disc, but that really is an extreme way of finding easter eggs
Diane G

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon,

actually, Steve's wrong about how to access the Easter Eggs. Agreed, his way might have worked on the original version, but they weren't designed to be accessible that way - it was just a sort of unexpected doorway to them that was corrected in the re-mastered versions. The 'real' official way is:

BLAKE’S 7 DVD SEASON 1 EASTER EGGS

Disc 1 – 0 Easter Eggs

Disc 2 – 1 Easter Egg
• Go to the Scene Selection Menu, then select episode 2 (The Web). If you then highlight the main menu button, and then press’down’ the Federation logo will light up on a hidden button to the left of the screen (under where it says ‘scene selection menu’) Click on it to play an extra scene of Servalan, Travis and the ‘phibians not shown in the original broadcast (1 min/24 secs.)

Disc 3 – 2 Easter Eggs
• Go to the Scene Selection Menu, then select episode 3 (Project Avalon). Click on the hidden Federation logo (as above) to play some test footage model shots of the Dome from the episode ‘The Way Back’ (1 min/11 secs.)

• Go to the Settings Menu, switch both commentary and sub-titles on and leave for one minute. This will play 4 model footage shots: the London taking off; the London in flight x 2; the London’s inter-connecting tube extending, ending with someone falling out of the tube (2 mins/10 secs.)

Disc 4 – 1 Easter Egg
• Go to the Scene Selection Menu, then select episode 3 (Deliverance). Click on the hidden Federation logo (as above) to play some model shots of the Liberator in space, space station XK72 and 3 Federation pursuit ships (1 min/24 secs.)

Hope this works for you.

regards
Diane
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have the original verion - if it ain't broke...
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ZEN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just been doing some correlating from the 1st series, and have noticed something strange on the 1st run dvds ( for those that still have 'em) !!

During the episode Time Squad - throughtout the 'outside spacial' shots, there appears to be a superimposed image of both s & s first squashed appeareance on the time capsule ( abit like the teleport effect!!). I wonder if this appears on the newer dvds ?? - do tell!!

nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning.

B7 Episodes watched since January 2017 = 92
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEN
Quote:
Have just been doing some correlating from the 1st series, and have noticed something strange on the 1st run dvds ( for those that still have 'em) !!

During the episode Time Squad - throughtout the 'outside spacial' shots, there appears to be a superimposed image of both s & s first squashed appeareance on the time capsule ( abit like the teleport effect!!). I wonder if this appears on the newer dvds ?? - do tell!!

I've not noticed anything, like that on my S1 DVD set!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
ZEN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentine wrote:
ZEN
Quote:

Then may I suggest you turn your brightness up - cause it is clearly there to see on mine!!! Yes Smiley What parts were you looking at ?

Turnidus
Demon Driver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEN wrote:
Valentine wrote:
ZEN
Quote:

Then may I suggest you turn your brightness up - cause it is clearly there to see on mine!!! Yes Smiley What parts were you looking at ?

I would assume as Valentine only recently got hers that she's got the second run of DVDs - not the first.

I've still got the original set so will try and remember to have a look.
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turnidus
Quote:
I would assume as Valentine only recently got hers that she's got the second run of DVDs - not the first.

I've still got the original set so will try and remember to have a look.

Yes Smiley - my S1, S2 & S3 "B7" DVD's are all second generation versions!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
Simon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEN wrote:

If its not a slightly dirty disc, then it could be that the people behind the episode encoding went mad with a noise filter. I'll have to check mine as those are from the first run.
Simon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finally put a new page up on the website, containing all of the Easter eggs that I could find from the forum and alt.fan.blakes-7.

It can be found from the menu bar of most of the normal pages of this site or you can directly click on the following link:

http://www.blakes-7.co.uk/b7dvds.shtml

Any mistakes or additions, please let me know.
ZEN

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Simon - now we all know were ta look for the easter eggs Yes Smiley 1st thing I'm gonna do when I get home, is view the 3rd series eggs

Simon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good, Zen, you can be the guinea pig then. I haven't had chance to test the Season three easter eggs yet
ZEN

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guess what!! - nowt worked for me!

Simon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm, it looks like those ones where you highlight the episode, followed by a direction need you to actually play the episode. I just tried playing the Volcano ep and going back to the menu it allowed me to then select the easter egg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: