Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Little Things

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Little Things Reply with quote

Thought This Was At Home In This Section of The Forum As This Thread Will Include A Bulk of Episode Discussion.

This Thread Is For Discussing The Little Things In Blake's 7 Episodes. Afterall It's The Little Things That Make The Big Things Believable. I'll Start With An Example:

In Countdown I Noticed How Blake Showed He Cared & Respected Avon More Then Saving Mass Lives. Del Grant, Who Blake Knows Would Like To Do Nothing More Then Take Avon To A Remote Spot & Kill Him, Has Offered To Go With Avon To Provide Backup For Disarming The Bomb.
Blake Knows Del Grant Could Easily Deal With Avon After They've Disarmed The Bomb And They're Be No Witnesses. However, Blake Still Asks Avon When The Time Comes, He Doesn't Order Avon Like Blake Usually Does.
Now Is This Because He Likes Avon More Then The Mass Population, or Is It Because He'd Rather Have Avon Alive Then Mass Millions, Because Blake Knows Avon Is Vital To Blake's Plans To Destroy The Federation?
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lot do watch these things more than 10 times before posting don't you?

Yes I think you're correct in saying that, but I reckon if Avon needed to be scarificed for the sake of Blake's mission Blake would have done it.
dave

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Blake was realistic in this situation. There was a limited amount of time left in what looked a near impossible situation - indeed he probably felt it was impossible. Not only was he considerate of Avon but he offered an escape to the rebel leaders.

Now perhaps if his plan really hinged on the planet surviving it would hae been a different case.

But ultimately he was there to find out information on Star One - saving the planet was a bonus. Hence his plans to destroy the federation (at least this plan) was more or less unaffected by the planet's fate.
inge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of us do watch episodes more than 10 times and its usually the ones we reaaly like.
Little things in these episodes make them worth watching over and over and there are so many examples I wouldn't know where to start.
Some things spring to mind however as far as Avon is concerned:
In Rescue, Avon puts his arm over Dayna to protect her from the blast, then later when she insists on going back to base quickly, he lets her go then rescues her.
In Dorian's basement he grabs Soolin to stop her getting too close to the "thing".
No one notices when Soolin goes up the stairs at the end of the episode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: