Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode C5: The Harvest of Kairos
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Episode C5: The Harvest of Kairos Reply with quote

In the Guess That Line thread we've been wondering what Avon originally said when he calls Tarrant "the most astute space warfare commander". The line sounds like an overdub, and doesn't match his lip movements....

Anybody got any ideas? "Distinguished" has been suggested but that doesn't look like it fits either

Whatever the missing word is, it looks like he says it quite sharply from the way his mouth opens quite a lot at that moment. If it was "distinguished" I imagine that emphasis would be on "ting" but then it doesn't look as if there's time to say the first syllable "dis"!

Could he even have said "astute" in the first place but mispronounced it in some way?

Anyway, I'll leave it there for now and write something about the episode in general later - if nobody else does first!
terrible zodin
Poser

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

futsiie wheres Denzel?!?
inge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he was calling Tarrant "the most arrogant space warfare commander"
Turnidus
Demon Driver

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inge wrote:
Maybe he was calling Tarrant "the most arrogant space warfare commander"

Couldn't be that - it must be some complimentary word as his next line after Tarrant has left is "or so you tell us often enough" or something similar.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This episode is absolutely hilarious , from Jarvik`s romantic he-man intentions to Servalan , from the living Hoover Bag , to the fact that Servalan was fooled so easily into giving up the Liberator when she had control , to Avon`s posteuring to Tarrant , and those laughable fight scenes - especially Dayna V Jarvik ! .
NOT ONE OF THE BETTER EPISODES ! .
inge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, especially when Servie is fooled by the old space capsule. Or even that Zen was fooled by it.
The sopron was about the only unique part of the entire episode.
SpaceCommanderTravis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this episode, apart from the crap spider thing that was terrible and the dodgy fighting, but overall I thought it was good

I liked Jarvik as a character too.
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceCommanderTravis
Quote:
I liked this episode, apart from the crap spider thing that was terrible and the dodgy fighting, but overall I thought it was good

I liked Jarvik as a character too.

You are one of the few B7 Fans who does like this episode!!!

BRIAN THE SPIDER was about the only enjoyable thing in this episode!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the episode bugt that insect thingimajig is just silly! Is that snail running poast it? I don't know how Servi was fooled by the capsul. Still a very good episode and Tarrent is just stupid as ussal.
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like this ep... although a lot of the plot points seem to hinge around everyone being stupid!

Tarrant doesn't check the shuttle for guards, which Avon says are "an obvious possibility" and then nobody checks the crates... Avon then overlooks Kairos being the nearest planet when he puts a condition on the deal with Servalan, and then Servalan is easily fooled by the artificial sopron at the end!

Y'know, Servalan must really fancy that Jarvik guy coz her IQ drops by about 50% whenever he's around!

As for Tarrant being stupid, I can accept that as part of the plot!
This was the first episode where I started to realise Tarrant wasn't just going to be another leader to replace Blake. Avon tests him by standing back and letting Tarrant get on with his own plan. He even refuses to get involved when Tarrant asks him for his opinion ("if it's tactical counsel you want... I suggest you consult Zen"). But Avon's keeping an eye on what's happening, intervenes in the shuttle, and by the time they're in the ancient spacecraft, is telling Tarrant what to do without even explaining why...

And by the end of City at the Edge of the World, everyone thinks Tarrant's a prat, not just Avon!

Quite a few people have said that Tarrant was originally supposed to have been played by an older actor and was meant to be a veteran space captain - the Tarrant in the first eps of season 3 was written in that way, and the younger, more foolish character was a rewrite to accomodate the younger actor. Well, whether it was thought of before or after Stephen Pacey was cast in the role, I've always thought it was a nice twist to the way the character develops.

It's great watching him be all confident and "in charge" one minute and then looking bemused and sheepish the next

____

I think my favourite scene is the one where Servalan says to Captain Shad "Neither - you will abandon the excess labourers" - chilling! And the guard who says "then you'll die, won't you" does a great smug smile that fades uncomfortably! (then gets left behind too )

In fact, that scene probably has more to do with Blakes 7 than... just about anything else that happens in the episode!

Anyway, I enjoyed watching this ep the other night, although I had to take some of it with a good pinch of salt!
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is though is wouldn't you have brought more gaurds on to the liberator? I would have been shaken sometimes without more gaurds on board. Yeah the story does revolve around everyone's stupidity!
white afro in space

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, Why is the spider called Brian?

I must say I have a soft spot for Harvest as it was the first episode of Blake's 7 that I ever saw. Seeing the episode again recently, I realize how I got hooked into the program - Is Servalan's raunch factor on overdrive in this episode or am I imagining things My screen must have fogged up cos somehow I must have seen past the dodgy surface blemishes of the episode (which Harvest has in spades) and wondered, where has this show been all my life?

Oh yeah, and hi everybody
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello white afro in space. Yes this episode is good.
Tsukechick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the first episode I saw as well, and I immediately fell COMPLETELY in love.

I'm a newbie to the series, but I am blessed with a flat-mate who has the whole thing on tape from when she watched it as a kid. (I personally feel that the old VHS tapes add a certain something to the experience of the series, though I'd really like to see what a shiny, clean DVD episode would look like!) I am currently making my happy way through the first season, and have seen random episodes of later seasons, like this one, with her.

SO! I personally had no real problem with the Spider Whose Name is Apparently Brian. I take it as part and parcel of the genre, had a hearty guffaw or two, and moved on. I actually liked the part where Dayna was fighting Jarvik and we could hear the spidery sounds building up! Lots of tension! (Though I can understand why she wasn't too worried...getting away from those things would be a stroll in the park. Literally!)

I admit seeing this episode first has given me a weird take on Serveland. The woman clearly needs to get a leash on her libido (and stop inviting other people to do it for her!) but there's more to her character than letting sex mess her around. It took me about two minutes after seeing a scene with Avon and then a scene with Servaland before I asked my friend when those two hook up. I haven't watched the fourth season yet, but I'm gratified that my instincts are sharp as ever!

I thought Jarvik was...well, I mean he's clearly supposed to be some sort of foil for Tarrant, what with the coming in and just taking charge and all, but Tarrant's kind of an idiot anyway, so naturally the guy wasn't going to last long. He was more a cartoon than a character, and the only thing that saved that character for me was Serveland's reaction to him. Also, his death seemed like a complete cop-out. Who else just gets randomly shot by mistake?
white afro in space

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsukechick wrote:
Who else just gets randomly shot by mistake?

Who else? Nearly everybody who befriends a member of the liberator crew ends up dying in a blink of an eyelid (thanks to some skilful, sleight-of-hand, thoroughly convincing plot manoeuvres). Meeting a member of the B7 crew is such a bad omen, it has its own tarot card! It's a wonder none of the crew picked up on this phenomenon. I mean, your new found friends dropping like flies all around you, yet you shrug your shoulders and move on as if nothing happened. Surely you'd be a tiny bit suspicious, wouldn't you?

Glad you enjoyed Harvest enought to make some comments about it on the forum, it is a great episode! Welcome. Enjoy visiting the forum, hope to see you about the place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: